Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: **** AUGUST WISHES (things you're hoping for) ****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: **** AUGUST WISHES (things you're hoping for) ****
Date Posted: 7/31/2021 7:13 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted, etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 7/31/2021 9:27 PM ET

Prayers, prayers and more prayers.  My father is doing better and as good as can be expected at 82 with open heart surgery and then COVID from the hospital.

My brother, Chuck, has been diagnosed with terminal cancer with a life expectancy of 3 years.  We are trying to use every moment to the best of life offerings.  He has decided to start in earnest working on his bucket list.  His first thing to mark off was buying a porsche and he did that last week.  Please pray he can lead his best life with this ugly disease.

Prayers for our country!

jacci-jerri avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2021 1:40 AM ET

My birthday is this month on August 23rd.  Since I lost my identical twin it's difficult.

I would really appreciate prayers and happy mail.  I love this forum and the wonderful people on here.  Thank you for being a part of my life.  Hugs!

Last Edited on: 8/6/21 7:03 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2021 7:30 AM ET

Happy August ! This is my birthday month and I'll be 65 on the 20th. It's also the first birthday without Bob here to make it special for me. So it's going to be partally a sad day for me but happy mail would sure be appreciated. Other than the standard stuff like stationary and envelopes and pretty stickers, or birthday cards, there's only really one thing I'd really like for my birthday. I've been wanting to get a pair of green peridot post earrings in 10 k. or 14 k. gold or sterling silver for a long time and just haven't gotten a pair. So getting a pair for my birthday would really make me happy. I'd prefer 14 k. since they'd never be taken off once I put them in, but 10 k. or sterling silver would work too. So if someone could grant that wish it'd make me really happy.

Thanks to all that makes my birthday special and hope it's a good month for everyone.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2021 2:04 PM ET

Prayers all of you are enjoying some sunshine this month. Wow that August is almost over already! Updating this Monday, 8/23, to reflect some wishes that have already been granted along with final additional wishes revised. 

Continuing prayers always to all in need along with our country and world to unite in kindness and compassion in general and to better help end this pandemic. 

3 Extra Wishes this month

1 To anyone going to the Dollar Tree, I would appreciate your checking whether your store has: https://www.dollartree.com/color-coded-blank-file-folder-labels-154ct-packs/178434 (I only would want the green and white) 

2 Happy Birthday postcards

3 Thinking of You or Sending Happy Mail or Hugs, Sunshine postcards.

I prefer no black text in design if possible just bright colors :) on any postcard front. 

Wishes that have been granted/no longer needed: the test tube pictures, stickers from Hobby Lobby, rulers (Dad found them), and Christmas postcards (thank you, kind friend on here) 

I respectfully as always request that any items sent to me come from a non smoking home. 

Thank you all always for your friendship and the joy you help spread! 

Hugs and God Bless You all! 

Last Edited on: 8/24/21 11:15 AM ET - Total times edited: 16
BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/2/2021 2:45 PM ET

Prayers for this world to heal, Prayers for my PBS and my family. 

Any one makes photo button ?  (I need a few of 3 different picture, all i find is a pkg of just one picture of 10 or more)

Button Pant Extender

Carnation Breakfast Essentials nutritional drink mix packets/ Coupons.

Measuring spoons - Silver metal color  1/116 tsp/0.33ml - 1/8 tsp - 1/3 tsp - 3/4 tsp - 1/2 tbsp (Just got some, but trying to figure out of any of the Pinch, Smidgen, Dash covers any of what i'm missing hahaha)

Measuring cups - Silver metal color 1/8 cup

Grinch and Jack Skellington, Sally.  Nightmare before Christmas. Anything  I LOVE THEM :) 

Black ink pens 

Laminating sheets.

Car air freshener (anything i can use to put in the trash closet on my floor, trash shoot)

Thank you, Blessings. 

Last Edited on: 8/26/21 3:02 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/3/2021 7:23 PM ET

My wishes are:

1. Jo Malone fragrance samples-any scent

3. Tree of life items

4. Dry shampoo trial size bottles

5. Cherry decor

Thanks for reading!:) Post your unique or odd wishes...might be able to help you out.

Last Edited on: 8/18/21 4:37 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/4/2021 2:21 PM ET

Last Edited on: 8/30/21 4:29 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
daisymau avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/4/2021 5:12 PM ET

I'll be so glad when everything is finally back to normal. Hopefully soon.

The only thing I really looking for are Ball or Kerr wide mouth canning lids. Thanks.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/6/2021 1:37 PM ET

Me, too, Amber on normal, me, too, hugs!

Last Edited on: 8/6/21 6:37 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
olieann avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/8/2021 1:47 PM ET

Looking for any used Tarot cards. Does not need to be a complete set, used bent is OK. any number is OK. will be used in art project,

thanks.

catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/13/2021 10:22 PM ET

Could really use some left over perfume or liquid perfume samples if anyone has any.

Any business cards that are blank on the back.

Thanks very much for reading!!*I have a new address now,so let me know if you need to update.

Last Edited on: 8/17/21 9:43 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/16/2021 7:54 AM ET

Does anyone have a source for one of these old-fashioned things:

Stamp On It Books With Book Strap Carrier Rubber Stamp

A stretchy rubber book strap, like we used in junior high and high school back in the day.
Not a stamp of one, but an actual strap?  
I lug around a looseleaf binder of sheet music, and a strap would make life so much easier.  But I can't find them anywhere...

Thanks for any suggestions!

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/17/2021 9:47 PM ET

Updated my initial post last time :)

Last Edited on: 8/23/21 7:36 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
starvinArtist avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/20/2021 2:05 PM ET

I know this is a very long shot, but would love a Corgi  & an Old English Sheepdog charm.  

Last Edited on: 8/21/21 1:39 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
nandip avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 8/21/2021 9:32 PM ET

I'd like to ask for any Burger King coupons, the freebie insert that comes in the mail or paper. we use to get them weekly but haven't had any inserts since before July 1st. We also use to get the sheets of Subway, Arby's & a pizza place but those also have been missing for months. That was our little splurge once a week using one of those coupons. they expired monthly so the Sept sheets should be out by now, maybe.  thanks for looking. Saving $'s in any way. 

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 8/28/2021 12:14 PM ET

More prayers for us please, Lee and I have been confirmed to have covid.  It came from the hospital he works at.  We are doing okay, just extremely tired and weak.