Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Not able to post directly to a members WL

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
AZnightowl avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Not able to post directly to a members WL
Date Posted: 7/5/2020 3:13 PM ET

This is the second time it happened in a row now. 

I've been on this site for years and have posted books directly to members many times but now, when I go through the process, the book is going to my bookshelf instead of to the chosen member.  Luckily, the last two times, the person next in line doesn't  have the book on auto and doesn't have the credits, so it has that faded 'W' and it stays on my bookshelf where I can delete it before it goes to the wrong person.

It's a big problem for me as right now, I do most of my trading through the Multi-WL post and I really need to have the option of posting directly to a member.

I did get the books to the right person by using the 'Mail to a Friend' option, but that is a lot more work and harder to keep track of the credits.

Has anyone else come across this recently? 

Ann Marie

rebeccam avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 7/5/2020 6:27 PM ET

It might be the member's account you are trying to post to is on hold.

AZnightowl avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/5/2020 7:35 PM ET

No, both members requested books from my post in the Multi-WL thread and had the books posted to their WL with the auto accept on.  The first time it happened, the other member and I went back and forth quite a bit in PMs trying to figure out which one of us was doing something wrong and we decided to just by-pass the direct post and use the Mail a Friend option figuring it was just a glitch between the two of us.  But today (which was the next time I tried to post directly to a member) the same thing happened.  Again, I was able to delete the book from my shelf and use the Friend option but this is getting old really fast.

PIZZELLEBFS avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/6/2020 12:45 AM ET

If your bookshelf is on hold the books will go directly to your bookshelf and not to the member who you are trying to post it to. Learned that the hard way. :)

ETA: I just tried to look at your shelf and the system says that your account is on hold. If you just put it on hold because of this current problem, it might be yet another glitch and you might want to contact PBS.

I hope that between everyone weighing in, we can figure it out for you.

Last Edited on: 7/6/20 12:49 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
AZnightowl avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/6/2020 3:57 AM ET

Wow, I never thought that having my bookshelf on hold would effect posting directly to someone else.  I will take it off hold and try posting again.  I've seldom  used the vacation hold in the past and probably never tried posting to someone at the same time before.

Thanks for the insight;  guess you learn something new all the time. :)

classicana avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 7/6/2020 10:55 PM ET

Ann, let us know if that takes care of the problem for you!

AZnightowl avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/7/2020 3:40 PM ET

I can't really tell until someone else orders from the Multi-WL thread.  I have already sent out the books to the other 2 members using the Mail to a Friend option.  

But if someone orders, I will definitely see if taking my shelf off vacation does the trick and post the results here.