Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: Advice needed, ladies - SERIOUS book addiction!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/6/2007 4:25 PM ET

Oh ok. I can tell I could do some serious damage here! ha ha.  Well at least have a look at my bookshelf. Thanks for the info Susanna!!!

*AMANDA*

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/29/2007 9:38 PM ET

bumping so we have something to read when we think we're at our worst ... :-)

Generic Profile avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/30/2007 1:24 AM ET

I probably have about 500 unread books. Unreal.  I joined this to help get rid of some.  And what did I do this week?  I raided 2 used books stores and bought about 30books.  I have a military out of state move coming up next summer and need to be downsizing stuff.  We will probably be in a much smaller place.  If I have a big book shelf I'll probably just run a bunch of sales on here or take them to Half-price books.  I'm hoping I can resist the urge to spend my credits right away.  I'm going to try and save them for my Wish lists books. DH will  be gone alot in the next few months so I'll have more reading time.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/30/2007 1:41 PM ET

Amanda it says you have no books posted so how can we order from you?  Get reading and get posting.  When I first joined I searched the Wish lists and found a bunch of books that I already owned but hadn't read yet that had waiting lists.  I put those at the top of my tbr pile.  I have about 20credits pending.  I was kind of impatient to get the credits but I'm glad I sent everything off by media mail afterall.  It's forcing me to read up some books I have before ordering some more.  Of course it didn't keep me from buying about 30+ books this week on ebay and the used book store.  Sad, so sad.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/3/2007 9:13 PM ET

bumping for a refresher! If I look at my TBR pile with one eye closed does that make it smaller???

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/3/2007 9:26 PM ET

I used to have a problem like you guys. I had 6 bookshelves crammed with books and more in boxes. When we moved from PA to NC about 5 years ago my husband put his foot daown and said he was not moving all those books. I am now down to 4 almost full shelves and only keep certain authors who I will read again and again. At last count I only had about 50 left to read in my collection. I think it just took hubby saying NO MORE and making me get rid of some to make me see I wasn't going to re-read all of those books. Hope you guys can get to that point too.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/5/2007 11:55 AM ET

Ah see my DH won't put his foot down. Then I'd have to put my foot down on the wine and cigars.  He has 400 cigars and got 50more yesterday!  We have about 200 bottles of wine. We have to move cross-country next year.  I know he won't let the Navy move those.  And I am not lugging them up to the hotel room everynight when we're driving.  At least I can have the navy pack up my books and transport them for us.

Page: