Amazon For CMOs: How Brands Can Achieve Success in the New Amazon Economy
Amazon For CMOs How Brands Can Achieve Success in the New Amazon Economy Author:Kiri Masters, Mark Power Are you and your organization equipped to succeed in the new Amazon economy? — Written by Amazon experts Kiri Masters and Mark Power, Amazon For CMOs is the ultimate strategic resource for senior marketing and retail executives navigating the Amazon imperative. — Amazon has now become a priority for most companies but many brands are late to the p... more »arty, scrambling to create sustainable long term strategies for success. The challenge is that Amazon is highly complex, proving difficult for CMOs & senior executives to navigate. It's no longer just an online retail marketplace, it is also a formidable marketing platform and its growing set of properties, content, and innovations are becoming embedded across modern culture and society.
This groundbreaking book will help you understand how Amazon is changing not only how products are distributed to customers, but how Amazon in now evolving into a full funnel closed loop marketing platform. To succeed on Amazon now requires an integrated approach that involves paid search, SEO, organic content, display, video, voice and new emerging channels and media opportunities. It is pushing marketing functions to get up to speed quickly and adopt data-driven approaches that would make a C-level executive's head swim.
Amazon increasingly overlaps with business functions that were previously handled as separate and distinct like sales, fulfillment, finance, customer service, and technology. These changes in the status quo require CMOs to better understand how Amazon works from the inside out, and how Amazon can help them achieve their objectives.
You will gain deep insights based on the hard-won experience of the Authors over their years leading Amazon initiatives for hundreds of consumer brands. To acquire current intelligence from the field, Mark and Kiri interviewed Chief Marketing Officers, senior media and ecommerce professionals from companies including Mondolez, Mitsubishi, Samsonite, Sony, Outward Hound, Nature's Plus, Charles & Colvard amongst others.
Readers will learn:
- How Chief Marketing Officers within leading corporations and startups alike are leveraging Amazon not only as a distribution channel, but as a marketing channel.
- What Amazon's leadership principles and decision-making frameworks can tell us about their future strategies and how brands can succeed on Amazon by adopting these.
- How CMO's are making Amazon strategy decisions based on data.
- How organizations need to evolve internally from both structural and cultural perspectives to be able to succeed on Amazon.
- How the only failing Amazon strategy is to NOT have a strategy.« less