Angels of Darkness: Angel's Wolf / Alphas: Origins / Nocturne / Ascension
Angels of Darkness Angel's Wolf / Alphas Origins / Nocturne / Ascension Author:Ilona Andrews, Nalini Singh, Meljean Brook, Sharon Shinn Tales of alpha angels...from four alpha authors. — They soar through the night, unearthly creatures of legends and lore. Four masters of urban fantasy and paranormal romance explore the rapture of the heavens above, and the darkness below in four all-new stories of angels and guardians, and good and evil. — ANGEL'S WOLF<... more »/strong> by Nalini Singh (Guild Hunter novella)
In the spellbinding universe of the Guild Hunters, a vampire becomes obsessed with the seductive angel who rules the Louisiana territory. But in her court, all is not what it appears to be.
ALPHAS: ORIGINS by Ilona Andrews (Alphas, Bk 1)
A woman is kidnapped into a world divided by a superhuman civil war. As the captive of an irresistibly dangerous male, she has two choices: submit and become a pawn, or take hold of her own destiny.
NOCTURNE by Sharon Shinn
Accepting a position in a secluded and whispered-about mansion, a woman soon discovers the course of its mystery: the blind, tormented angel who lives there, and whose secrets could now destroy them both.
ASCENSION by Meljean Brook (The Guardians, Bk 11)
When vampires disappear from a community he's protecting, a world-weary Guardian doesn't know what evil he's hunting, but he'd rather hunt alone than accept help from his ex-lover and fellow Guardian, Radha. But Radha refuses to leave him, because she's determined not just to help him save the community...but to save him.« less
The Market's bargain prices are even better for Paperbackswap club members!
Retail Price:$15.00 Buy New (Paperback): $12.29 (save 18%) or Become a PBS member and pay $8.39+1 PBS book credit (save 44%)
I have no idea how this book received high ratings.
1. Nalini Singh's story was very disappointing. Abrupt ending, and boring story.
2. Andrews story was a severe disappointment. I cannot believe it was written by Andrews. It was nothing like her other stories. Maybe an alien high jacked her writing?
3. Schinn had a cute story. Only positive in this book. I'm giving the book a 2 based on her story. otherwise, it rates a one.
4. Brook's story did not flow, and another poor ending.
Denise L. (fangrrl) - reviewed Angels of Darkness: Angel's Wolf / Alphas: Origins / Nocturne / Ascension on
Helpful Score: 3
I'm a bit disappointed in this one, expected better from this group of authors.
1. Angels' Wolf by Nalini Singh, (unlike her earlier works) just fell kind of flat. I couldn't connect with the characters or plot.
2. Alphas:Origins by Ilona Andrews, is kind of fun for a kidnapped heroine storyline. But frankly it felt rather unfinished. An intriguing start tho, I'd have enjoyed it better at about twice the length.
3. Nocturne by Sharon Shinn, was nicely done. But again seemed to end abruptly, probably the nature of novellas.
4. Ascension by Meljean Brook, by this time I was getting rather bored with the book and theme and just skimmed. To be fair, nothing jumped up and insisted I slow down and read every word.
I picked this up as a fan of Andrews and wasn't disappointed. Her Alphas story was a little gory, but I enjoyed it and look forward to reading more stores from that world. Angel's Wolf has me planning to look up Singh's work because of compelling characters and a mystery. Shinn's was also a good read about characters helping each other find redemption. I didn't really like Ascension by Brook as much as the others (maybe it fits in with a series she writes that I haven't read - if you know the characters you might be more "into" it).