Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Book Bazaar Book Bazaar

Topic: Does anyone know if there is.............

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalBox-O-Books medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Does anyone know if there is.............
Date Posted: 7/25/2007 11:21 PM ET

A place where you can create a free database for ISBN numbers?  I have obtained a large amount of books and would like to be able to orgainize them for listing here/selling.

Theresa

Stacy1 avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/26/2007 12:28 AM ET

I use my to be read feature to keep track of all my books that I have. Using this also shows if any of the books are on my wishlist and then I decide if I'm able to depart with that book or not.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 7/26/2007 2:21 AM ET

I use excel to keep track of my inventory and my personal collection.  I have a worksheet for what is listed with a Column for each site I am on to tell where a book is listed.  When a book gets requested, I move it from that worksheet to one titled Sent and can keep track of where and when I sent it, how much, to who, and what site it was from.  Its an easy way to tell which books are where. 

You could also try readerware and create custom fields for each site if you wanted.  I just did not think it was user friendly on the small amount of time I looked at it.

royaltech avatar
Member of the Month medalBook Cover Image Approver medalBook Data Coordinator medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 7/26/2007 11:51 PM ET

You can also list up to 200 books on LibraryThing with no charge. After that, it costs $10 for the year or $25 for life. You can add tags to the books to indicate anything you want. You could mark K=Keep S=Sell PBS=PBS TBR=TBR and so forth.