Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Has Anyone Noticed More Lost/Delayed Books Lately?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalBox-O-Books medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/11/2021 3:22 PM ET

I had a book just show up from January.  I also had 5 books that were delayed recently as well.  I know I was talking to one of the postmen that deliver to our house in regards to a 3 day priority mail package that a friend had sent me from Mississippi and it ended up taking 30 days.  The postmen said that mail is so bad around here that they make them sweep the mail trucks for missing mail like a school bus driver does every day for missing mail.

Theresa

hardtack avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 7/23/2021 12:52 PM ET

Books I requested are now showing up three to five days after they are mailed.  The USPS is getting back to its old delivery efficiency.

Now, if I could only convince some members to promptly acknowledge receipt of the books I send them, instead of waiting seven or more days after I know they were delivered.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 7/23/2021 4:30 PM ET

Mine are still taking 7-10 days to arrive unless they are within a 12 hour driving distance from me. 

daisymau avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/25/2021 11:24 AM ET

I ordered several books from a member on 6/13 and then the person mailed them on 6/24. They went lost on 7/20. I just sent them a PM asking if they had a tracking # and will check to see where the package is being held? I haven't had any problems with deliveries of packages the past few months. Something tells me that they were probably never mailed and if they were, then they got misplaced along the way to me.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 7/25/2021 12:59 PM ET

Books from west coast still taking 10 days for me...I've been getting about 4 books per week, all one book per package. Midwest is taking 6-8 days. 

freeverse071681 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/25/2021 2:39 PM ET

well i seem to have a new problem. the books that are posted to my wishlist and the books i request  are now being accepted and then timing out.  i had one member let the same book time out 4 different times. when they posted it to my WL the 5th time.

i admit i sent a pm to them telling them if they weren't planning to print and send this time to just cancel the order. their reply back to me was we should have been better at getting this out. No offense but ya think?

why post stuff only to let it time out and then do the same thing all over again. i have had so many books time out and cancel that i am over the limit on my wishlist by 12 books. was doing really good. had the WL down to 480 and then it all went to poo. lol

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 8/27/2021 11:08 AM ET

I havent had a book time out in months, though I have had that issue once this year of sender repeatedly posting book to me and letting it time out. 

Page: