Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Going Green Going Green

Topic: Aveda will recycle plastic caps for you and your school

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
NCKristen avatar
Subject: Aveda will recycle plastic caps for you and your school
Date Posted: 3/9/2009 3:05 PM ET

aveda.aveda.com/aboutaveda/caps.asp

Here's a super easy project for your kids' schools... all of our local schools have jumped on this bandwagon.  Currently plastic caps from bottles aren't recycleable.  Aveda is spearheading a program to collect these caps by schoolkids and will recycle the caps and reuse them.  My son's school sent out a request to collect 100 caps per child for three weeks the program and I put a bin out at work and collect 750 in 3 weeks!  My work enjoyed participating in such an easy way that we are continuing to collect the caps and send them to the school who forwards them to Aveda.  Our church is now involved too, since we offer water bottles at all services. 

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 7/6/2009 11:47 PM ET

Thank you!

I'll look into it and see if I can spread the word.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 7/9/2009 5:19 PM ET

I'm trying to get our school involved in that. I'm rather grumpy at the green club who apparently dropped the ball on it.  Thanks for the reminder, maybe I can do something myself this summer, as much as I'd have prefered the students do it so they had some ownership.

MtnLori avatar
Date Posted: 11/1/2009 9:20 PM ET

Absolutely love this:-)  Thank you for posting!