Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - June Hot Topics

Topic: Blue Team Survivor thread so we an all watch and chat.

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Bizzy1 avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 5/29/2015 8:26 PM ET
Yeah I've been trying to double up too but I had a few that were just fantasy.
Bizzy1 avatar
Date Posted: 5/30/2015 12:21 AM ET

I just looked at my books read this week list and I'm pretty sure I'll probably only get done 8 books this week.  One was fairly long though and the rest were mostly all about 350 pages.  Hopefully I'll have more time tomorrow to read and can kick through a few short ones!  

bookmuncher avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 5/30/2015 8:40 AM ET

I've got 9 so far (8 fantasy, 8 mystery - there was one of each that didn't overlap with the other), and I'll finish my Kindle fantasy soon because I'm about 90% through - and then I figure I can knock out one more double-duty one tonight. This actually may be my biggest reading week, but I think Red is liable to run away with things anyway! (Somebody there must have the week off or something....)

Bizzy1 avatar
Date Posted: 5/30/2015 5:31 PM ET
Cool Rebecca! I'm done with one more and working on another. Anyone heard from Beverly she's been pretty quiet all week?
Bizzy1 avatar
Date Posted: 5/31/2015 3:04 AM ET

LMAO I just posted my last book for the week did you guys notice this?  The group has spoken romance was outlawed this week!  

Was the book Romance or Erotica?

Yes 23 19.3%
No 96 80.7%

Also man are we behind in total books to.  I have no Idea how they read so much this week but the Yellow team got done 41 books, and Red has down 39 right now.  Were at 24 without beverly posting yet.  Hopefully she got some done!  I also noticed that someone beat Michele's longest book there is one on there for 1076 pages, just beating her 1056 : (  so hopefully that isn't used!  We'd probably have the best luck with Syfy/Fantasy since a little under half of the books posted so far were Syfy/Fantasy.  I probably won't be back on until after the results, are we spliting up on our own this coming week if we stay? 

Last Edited on: 5/31/15 3:05 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
A-BIG-DREAMER avatar
Date Posted: 5/31/2015 9:39 AM ET

LMAO I just posted my last book for the week did you guys notice this?  The group has spoken romance was outlawed this week!  

Did I miss that part. I just posted some of my books, and some were part romance and part sci-fi. Since they were part sci-fi, I read them. However, I make a stack of books to read, and some were not in our categories and I couldn't find any that were. I had suspence, however, I don't think that classifies as mystery. Sorry ladies.

bookmuncher avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 5/31/2015 2:46 PM ET

I think we're done playing as a team now, although I'm not positive since it's supposed to be "when we're down to 10 people" and I THINK we will actually just be down to 11 (21 to start, 2 people eliminated per week for 5 weeks - but the post about the teams, and who's been moved to the jury, is out of date). My total ended at at 12 after I found a nice short mystery to finish with; 2 of those were just mystery, 2 were just fantasy and 8 were both.

Beverly, I think for suspense vs. mystery you have to go by the categories you can find on PBS or Amazon; I had a couple that were borderline but I found them listed as mystery, so I checked that off. 

And I'm going to go read my Sunday paper now, lol! That is one good thing about the transition day being Sunday and our usually not knowing the categories till the evening.

Bizzy1 avatar
Date Posted: 5/31/2015 5:08 PM ET
Beverly I was just pointing out that when I posted less than 20 percent of the books read c were romance, and I'm betting those that were ended up being romantic suspense, or paranormal romance. I just found it funny!
A-BIG-DREAMER avatar
Date Posted: 5/31/2015 6:14 PM ET
Elizabeth, I just read it wrong. I thought you meant our group was no longer reading romance. Most of my books are paranormal, sci-fi, or suspence. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss a post. Lol!
Page: