Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Book with lots of versions

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: Book with lots of versions
Date Posted: 3/11/2023 11:04 AM ET

I have a PB copy of 'Where the Crawdads Sing' and the ISBN is not found by PBS though there are many, many other versions both in PB and HC. I see 3 other members have posted the same book 'without an ISBN' so I am assuming I would have to do the same and probably never get my copy requested. Am I right to think I should just pass on to my FoL bookstore?

lionrose avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/11/2023 11:33 AM ET

If it has an ISBN I would search that a few more times. It's possible it might take a few days for the sytem to find and sync. I've usually posted all my books regardless of how many copies with or without ISBNs. Someone searching your shelf might want to get it and even short ISBNs do get requested eventually. I searched for paperbacks and along with all versions of that title and it looks like there may be less than a dozen copies posted all together; it might be worth it to put on your shelf for a while.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 3/11/2023 6:34 PM ET

Thanks, Linda, I usually post even when there are dozens of copies already posted.