Facebook
Skip to main content
PBS logo

Want fewer ads?

Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: Books We Are Reading This Month:

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
msdamgoode avatar
Date Posted: 8/2/2006 1:31 AM ET

July

NOTE THAT SOME OF MY REVIEWS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

The Prince of Midnight-Laura Kinsale-Horrible cover aside, this is a richly worded, intense story. ST Maitland is a wonderful hero. My only problem was towards the end of the book, the hero suddenly acts afraid of love when all along, he's been the one declaring it. Grade A-

To the Brink-Cindy Gerard  Too much action/suspense, and not enough romance for me. I like the set up for the next one though, so I'll read it, even though the 1st book in this series was the only keeper for me so far. Grade C

A Hunger Like No Other-Kresley Cole I was really disappointed in this one...so much potential to have a really interesting story wasted on a heroine that was so utterly slappable, and stupid attempts at humor when things should have been taut suspense. I might give the next one a try, but only as a freebie from PBS. This is just my opinion, I know lots of people loved it. Grade D

Heiress for Hire-Erin McCarthy This is a relly funny and suprisingly tender book. I didn't think I'd like a Paris Hilton-esque heroine, but this book really worked. Also Danny Tucker gets the best BETA Hero Award this year. Grade A-

To Have and to Hold-Patricia Gaffney This was a beautifuly worded romance, with a hero that was dark and a tourtured heroine. Grade B

Bound-Sasha White I am becoming convinced that Berkley snags better writers than many of the other houses that "do erotica". Certianly better than the Aphrodesia's I've read. D/s romances can either be really hot, or really humilliating, and while this had some scenes that made me squirm the sex was hott. The quibbles I had were due to the fact that I thought there were too many characters introducd that didn't further the story, and It was written in 1st person, and I'm not a big fan of that. Grade B-

Fever Dreams-Laura Leone This story deserves it's reputation as a book that takes a done-to-death plot (bodyguard/heiress), and shows why there are so many attemped copies. The sexual tension was great in this. Some of the scenes are obviously dated, and the end was botched slightly IMO, but the over-all writing was excellent, esp. the male dialouge and point-of-view. Grade A

All U Can Eat- Emma Holly I really think I like it better when EH sticks to romance as opposedto erotica...the scenes are erotic, and hit some of my favorite buttons, but as a romance, it doesn't work as well. Grade C+

The Kept Woman-Susan Donovan This started out witty and charming, but the end tanked for me. the h/h had a seperation because the heroine was acting TSTL, and then, everything just wrapped up neat as you please. A dissapointment for me b/c I usually love this author. Grade C-

Shadow of the Moon-Rebecca York I read this a week ago, and don't remember much if that tells you anything. Not bad, but totally forgettable. Grade C

Ritual Sins- Anne Stuart This started out kinda slow, but by half way through, I was engrossed. Typical Stuart hero, very dark and jaded, and the heroine wasn't a total patsy like some of Stuart's can be. The sex scenes were hot, but might squick out readers that don't handle "forced seduction" themes well.  Grade B+

August

Twin Peaks-Susan Johnson & Jasmine Haynes- Now reading

Last Edited on: 8/4/06 9:34 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Darcy avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/2/2006 8:35 AM ET

September

1. Celia's Grand Passion/Lucy In Disguise - Lynn Kerstan:  currently reading

Last Edited on: 9/4/06 7:15 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
AshsHeroine avatar
Date Posted: 8/2/2006 11:52 AM ET
So far, 2 books that I loved, others have hated lol :D
jena avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/2/2006 12:13 PM ET

For the books that I review, I am just adding the reviews to thegeneral book information.

September list

Jude's Law - Lori Foster  B

Murphy's Law - Lori Foster  A-

Good Girls Do - Cathie Linz B+

The Abduction of Julia - Karen Hawkins B+

By Design - Madeline Hunter A

Back to the Bedroom -Janet Evanovich A-

ChristmasTreasury - Laura Marie Altom, Lynette Kent, Marta Perry, Cynthia Rutledge  B

Desires - set of 6 by Susan Crosby - Behind Closed Doors: B+ series

Christmas Bonus, Strings Attached

Private Indescretions

Hot Contact

Rules of Attraction

Heart of the Raven

Secrets of Paternity 

Highland Fling - Jennifer LaBreque (Blaze) A- time travel -

Just Try Me - Jill Shalvis (Blaze) B

Perfect Score - Julie Kenner (Blaze) B

Too Stubborn to Marry - Cathie Linz (Love & Laughter) B

Scandal in Spring - Lisa Kleypas A

After the Rain - Karen White A+ - contemporary - I do not know if it was just my mood, but this was the best new book I had read in a long time.  

Killer Blond: A Jaine Austen Mystery - Laura Levine A+ (cozy mystery)

After Hours - Jodi Lynn Copeland (Aphrodesia) set of three books.  A - excellent erotica anthology

Viva Las Bad Boys - Helenkay Dimon A-

Love is Blind - Lindsay Sands - historical A

My August read list:

Show Me by Celia May Hart - . B+

Thunder and Roses; Petals in the Storm; Dancing on the Wind; Angel Rogue, Shattered Rainbows and One Perfect Rose by Mary Jo Putney.  A

On the Way to the Wedding - Julia Quinn.  B

Wicked Under the Covers - Barbara Pierce C

Just re-reading the Lori Foster bits in these anthologies: LOVE Lori Foster

Perfect for the Beach - Nora and Cary , Jingle Bell Rock - Frances and Booker 's story , & When Good Things Happen to Bad Boys - Axel & Libby

Bad Boys on Board - Sam & Ariel; Bad Boys in Black Tie - Pete and Cassidy; & Bad Boys to Go - Gil & Annabel

Night Before Christmas - White Knight Christmas Lori Foster B, & Snowed Under Erin McCarthy A-

Star Quality Once in a Blue Moon A-

How to be a Wicked Woman - "Wicked Ways" by Susanna Carr . A

Tell it to the Marines - Amy J. Fetzer - three separate Marine theme novellas. B

If the Stiletto Fits... Wendy Etherington - Flipside B+

Seducing the Spy - Celeste Bradley -book 4 of the Royal Four series A-

Undressing Mercy - Deanna Lee - Aphrodisia - B - lots of rape recovery stuff in this book. whole way through

Honk if you Love Real Men , Carrie Alexander, Pamela Britton, Susan Donovan, Lora Leigh C - except for Have Mercy by Donovan - B+.

Bad Boys Southern Style - JoAnn Ross, E.C. Sheedy & Jill Shalvis

Innuendo - Grystal Green - Blaze -A-

Mistaken for the Mob - Ginny Aiken Love Inspired suspense B+

Hot Item - Carly Philips - my favorite in this series A

High Stakes - Erin McCarthy - cute vampires in Vegas story. A-

The Nobody - Diane Farr

The Sex Quotient - Jamie Soborato - Blaze -  C-

Simply Unforgettable - Mary Balogh -  B-

It's In His Kiss - Epilogue II - Julia Quinn - & Viscount Who Loved Me Epilogue II - Julia Quinn - nice short updates on the Bridgertons A

You’ve Got Male - Elizabeth Beverly -  A

Express Male - Elizabeth Bevarly - disappointing - not nearly as good as the earlier on in this series - a two week spy school? really unrealistic C

Cross My Heart - Carly Philips B+

Everything's Coming Up Josey - Susan May Warren - interesting story about a missionary in Russia and adapting to life the year she spent there. B

The Christmas Visit (Historical) - Margaret Moore, Terri Brisbin, Gail Ranstrom - I liked two of the stories B

Baby On The Way (Harlequin Yours Truly) - Paul - cute little story B+

Tempted (Blaze) (Temptation, 799) - Janelle Denison - ICK - ends up with ex-brother in law - could not read all

Monday Man (Harlequin Love Laughter, 56) - Gabriel - I really miss the love and laughter books - I liked the comedy in them. Loved this comedy of errors A

The Captive Flesh (Black Lace) - Cleo Cordell - Liked the beginning - did not like the second half of this one. C

- Mary Jo Putney Another excellent Fallen Angels book. A

Jennifer

Last Edited on: 9/28/06 8:57 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
grannyc avatar
Date Posted: 8/2/2006 4:46 PM ET

Last Edited on: 9/18/06 5:59 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/3/2006 2:11 AM ET

my august reviews:

'pleasure slave'  (a-)  i really liked it.  really good dynamics between characters - sisters, lovers, neighbors, slave/master.  magical, but yet believable. 

2.  'hunter's moon'  (b)  slow beginning, but interesting perspective - hero is not neccessarily on of the 'good guys'.  the first person male perspective is hard to get into, but then i really started to enjoy his thoughts on mating with a human and the agony that would cause him.  i never thought about emotions in terms of smell before and was really clever.  negative - when heroine says she needs a 'backbone', she is right.

3.  'in the name of the vampire'  (ack!  f-)  awful from the first page, random characters, random narratives.  not a fan!

4.  'night bites' by nina bangs  ()

5.  'her man friday' by elizabeth bevarly (aug 4 - 8 hour car trip)

6.  'tom clancy's power plays: cutting edge' audio (aug 4)

7.  'into thin air' by jon krakauer (aug 4 - took over a month to read aloud to my sons, but we finally finished)

8.  'kiss of the highlander' (aug 5)

9.  'jemima j' by jane green (aug 5)

10.  'spell of the highlander' (aug 6 - 8 hour car trip)

11.  'dark highlander' (aug 6)

12.  'highlander's touch' (aug 7)

13.  'the immortal highlander' (aug 9)

14.  'hunter's moon' by lori handeland (aug 10)

15.  'when you believe' by jessica inclan (aug 10 - was on waiting list at library, they called and i went to pick it up, started browsing and finished it in 3 1/2 hours) a++

16.  'after midnight' by teresa medeiros (aug 11)

17.  'spell of the highlander'  (aug 13)

18.  'between sister' by kristin hannah (aug 13)

19.  'charmed, i'm sure' by liz ireland (aug 14 - finally!)

20.  'the secret pearl' by mary balogh (aug 15)

21.  'two dollar bill' by stuart woods (aug 15)

22.  'the challenge' by susan kearney (aug 16)

23.  'pandora's clock' by john j. nance (aug 17 - my purse and wallet are stolen; husband takes the boys while i take a long, hot bubble bath)

24.  'time after time' by billie green (aug 17 - silhouette special edition #415)

25.  'night fall' by nelson demille (aug 18)

26.  'the love knot' by rebecca brandewyne (aug 18 - started in july, just couldn't get into it, but slug through it)

27.  'dream guy' by candy halliday (aug 19)

28.  'the matter of grace' by jessica barksdale inclan (aug 19)

29.  'words of silk' by sandra brown (aug 20)

30.  'hot chocolate' anthrology (aug 21)

31.  'reforming the rake' by sarah elliot (aug 21)

32.  'edge of danger' by cherry adair (aug 22)

Last Edited on: 1/12/07 1:35 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
bookaholic avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/4/2006 7:41 AM ET

SEPTEMBER READS.......

NOW READING:

SPARKLE by Jennifer Greene---This is so good!....

Poppy Thompson is the self-proclaimed homeliest woman in town, she deals with animals for living rather than people.

Bren Price is the ever-proper minister's wife. She does everything her husband tells her, but lately her best  just isn't good enough.

They'd never even spoken to one another until a surprise inheritance brings them together. A fortune in sparkling jewelry could give them what each desires most---Poppy's surgical transformation and Bren;s escape from her husband. Yet the real treasure just might be the friendship these two total opposites form once they discover all that glitters is not gold.....

TRICK ME, TREAT ME by Leslie Kelly--This is a fun romance that takes place on Halloween....After spending more than a year overseas doing research, true crime writer Jared Winchester is dying for some excitement. So when he receives an invitation to a party his first night back--an in-character Halloween party, at that---he decides to go for it. For one night he'll be Secret Agent Miles Stone. Too bad he doesn't know that the party already took place--last year! Or that one certain woman will find secret agents irrestible.

Gwen Compton is tired of playing it safe. For months she's thrown all her energy into turning an old haunted house into a bed-and-breakfast. Now it's Halloween. Then inn is ready....and so is Gwen. Late that night, she discovers a dark, sexy stranger in her kitchen. He says he is on a secret mission. She thinks he is a guest that was checked in by her lovable zany aunt....and the fun begins.....

This is a fun romance!

THE LADIES OF COVINGTON SEND THEIR LOVE by Joan Medlicott (This is a charming story of three older ladies in PA. who are friends and all are alone due to divorce, death etc. and decide to leave their retirement boarding house and move to an old farmhouse in North Carolina that one of them inherits. This is a warm hearted  novel of friendship.) I needed a change from all the romances I have been reading, especially the paranormal ones. This is the first in the popular Covington series. There are six more sequels to this book.  Very good author!

My August reads:

THE DEEPEST EDGE-Jessica Hall (This is the first book in a trilogy--an adventure, a love story, and suspense rolled into one. Original story!) If you like your heroines street smart,courageous,  tough yet tender then you will like Valence St. Charles. This is an exotic romance with an Oriental hero. Caught between assassins and government agents, they have no one to turn to for help but each other. And even then, their strong wills clash. It holds your interest from start to finish.  By the way, Jessica Hall is aka S.L. Viehl.  The second book in the series is THE STEEL CARESS.

SINCE YOU 'RE LEAVING ANYWAY, TAKE OUT THE TRASH- Dixie Cash (This was the first book I have read by this author. It was a fun read--fast paced romance and suspense with a big helping of laughs. I loved the characters. Fast, fun read. A real hoot!)

SHOP TILL YOU DROP-Elaine Viets (This is the first in the Dead-End  Job Mysteries. I found it to be a fun read with interesting characters and a  funny, clever story. I am so glad that I took a chance and ordered several in this series. I want to read more of her books soon.In this one, the heroine works in an exclusive dress shop. If you are looking for a new cozy series, you may want to give this one a try.)

LOVE-SLAVE TO THE SHEIKH by Miranda Lee (This was a new Harlequin Presents Romance. I don't read many of these anymore but I still love any sheik romances. Miranda Lee is a good author and the storyline was more original than some. Sheik Bandar, an oil-rich billionaire (of course!) lived life in the fast lane and then finds out he has a brain tumor that is malignant. He can have an operation that gives him a 50-50 chance of survival.  But before his surgery, he wants a couple of weeks to travel to Australia to visit at a friend's ranch where he meets Samantha Nelson and has what could be his last fling. Fast, sexy read!)

IMMORTAL BAD BOYS- Rebecca York, Rosemary Laurie, Linda Thomas Sundstrom -While I like Rebecca York and Rosemary Laurie, I still prefer longer stories but the stories were ok, but the third one I just couldn't get into and didn't bother finishing it.

THE HUNTRESS by Crystal Green (This is a BOMBSHELL book with an action packed paranormal vampire story. She lost the only man she ever loved when he was kidnapped by a group of women vampires. To save him she learned all she could about vampires and how to deal with them. She hired a mercenary and dedicated herself to rescuing her lover. But when the mission went to hell, Camille had to choose between saving her lover or herself. Because for one to survive, the other had to die..... Strong heroine, good story!)

MURDER BETWEEN THE COVERS by Elaine Viets (Book 2 in the Dead-End Job mystery series.) This was another winner by this author! Laugh out loud funny as the heroine works in a book store this time.  I enjoyed the secondary characters that were in the first book too--her landlady, her neighbors and her friend. A fun, fast read.

THE SHEIKH;S SECRET  by Barbara McMahon (This was an average Harlequin Romance. I enjoy reading sheik romances so had to read this new one.)

BEYOND THE PALE-THE DARKWING CHRONICLES-BOOK ONE by Savannah Russe. (This was an interesting story with a blend of both paranormal  romance and adventure. Daphne is a vampire that works as a spy for the USA. It was entertaining and a good start to the trilogy.I look forward to the next one to see if she rounds up with Darius, the vampire slayer or J, her boss.)

IRON HEART by Amy J. Fetzer (She is the daughter of a powerful Scottish wiccan, who journeys to the Ottoman Empire with only her magical arts to guide her. He is the son of an English nobleman, who has been stripped of his land and his title. Now he prowls the Mediterranean as a pirate king. Imprisoned in the dungeon of a sultan's palace, he risks his life to save hers. Ah..... a harem  romance..... I love 'em!) 

GHOST OF A CHANCE by Yasmine Galenorn (This is the first mystery in the Chintz and China Mystery Series. Emerald O'Brien, single mother of two, is the owner of the Chintz and China Tea Room where guests are served the perfect blend of tea and tarot reading. She never set out to be a detective, but once word gets out that she can communicate with the dead, there's no turning back... ) oh, and this book had me hooked from the very first page....

Last Edited on: 9/23/06 8:36 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
crysteena73 avatar
Date Posted: 8/4/2006 11:09 AM ET

Well, Ash....I'd love to tell you but you switched to Aug and now I can't remember what books you read LOL. I know I have Dates From Hell, Charmed and Dangerous, A Bite to Remember, and I can't remember what else off the top of my head. I am mostly going through a paranormal kick so most of the books I have sitting around are in this genre. I have the Kresley Cole book too (did I butcher her name?). I have Night Game by Christine Feehan (I know you aren't a fan of hers) and am a little behind on my Kelley Armstrong books and need to read Haunted so I can get to the newest. I've been saving the last two dark hunter books by Sherrilyn Kenyon for a rainy day (hate when I have to wait so long between books). I also have a book that I bought at Waldenbooks called The Turning by a new author Jennifer Armintrout that I have been eyeballing.

I know many of these weren't on your July list but some of them might have been right?? LOL.

AshsHeroine avatar
Date Posted: 8/4/2006 12:12 PM ET

Well, Ash....I'd love to tell you but you switched to Aug 

My July reviews are still up, I think on page 2.  

I know I have Dates From Hell, Charmed and Dangerous, A Bite to Remember,

All good books. I only didn't like the Kim Harrison story in Dates from Hell 

I have the Kresley Cole book too (did I butcher her name?).

Nope, that's right lol I liked her book more then I thought I would.

I have Night Game by Christine Feehan (I know you aren't a fan of hers)

I'm not a fan of her vamp series or her witch series, but I do like her Ghostwalker series. I really like Mind Game and Night game. 

and am a little behind on my Kelley Armstrong books and need to read Haunted so I can get to the newest.

I love Kelley Armstrong. I love Clay so much lol

I've been saving the last two dark hunter books by Sherrilyn Kenyon for a rainy day (hate when I have to wait so long between books).

She is another fav of mine. My nickname is about one of her characters. 

I also have a book that I bought at Waldenbooks called The Turning by a new author Jennifer Armintrout that I have been eyeballing.

I have that in my TBR pile. I have heard mixed things about it.  

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/4/2006 3:13 PM ET

August reads:

Wicked Games ~ Alison Kent (finished)

Gabriel's Woman ~ Robin Schone (finished)

The House in Amalfi ~ Elizabeth Adler (reading)

Seduction in Mind ~ Susan Johnson (reading)

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/5/2006 1:23 AM ET
diane, please review 'deepest edge' by jessica hall for me.
crysteena73 avatar
Date Posted: 8/8/2006 9:36 AM ET

I finished reading A Bite To Remember by Lynsay Sands the other night. I liked it a lot and I think it was Ash who said it was her favorite in the series so far? Maybe not. Anyway, I think there were some scenes in a few of the other books that I found a lot more humorous but looking at the book in it's entirety I would have to agree that this one is my favorite. I think because the hero Vincent is so likable and not all dark and brooding that so many "vampires" are. He was kind of a happy go lucky guy even though he kind of lost his zest years ago for things like food and sex (I know, I know....how in the world can a guy lose interest in his two favorite subjects? But it works in these books and Sands makes it completely believable).

I thought the heroine was terrific. She had some personal issues to work through and I liked that we were witnessing her working through them instead of finding all of a sudden her hang ups were completely gone when they fell in love. Jackie is a strong female lead who owns her own PI company and knows how the job should be done. She isn't too hard but not a pushover. The balance was nice.

We also were introduced to several more members of the Argeneau family....some distant cousins but related none-the-less so it doesn't look like Sands will finish writing her wonderful vampire books soon....Which I am very fine with.

My grade for A Bite To Remember......A

Night Game by Christine Feehan

OMG!!! After finishing this book I had to take a cold shower. Let's forget about the fact that this a paranormal book full of Woowoo stuff right now. What's left? Totally HOT erotic sex scenes. Not saything that this book had nothing else to offer....it was an excellent book but (once again) OMG was it HOT! I still have yet to read an erotic book even though I have a few Elorah's Cave books here in my TBR mountain. I might have to dig them out for sure now.

Anyway back to the Feehan.....ahem....picture this....Me...sitting in the breakroom at work...getting to a part where the main characters are using whip cream....and (insert another OMG here) talk about uncomfortable. I thought I would have to blame my red face and sweat on a hot flash (not sure at 33 I could have pulled it off anyway but still....)

Anyway, this is the 3rd installment of the Ghostwalker series. All the Ghostwalkers have been psychically (is that a word) enhance by a scientist. A group of men by volunteering within the military and a group of women who didn't have the option because they had been very small girls.

This particular book is about Raoul (Gator) Fontenot and Iris (Flame) Johnson. Gator returns to his home in the Bayou to help find a missing local girl and also locate Flame who was probably in the same area. Flame is also looking for the girl. Both Flame and Gator find that they work well together but neither one can trust the other fully. Flame is a kick @ss woman who is no victim no matter what life throws at her. Gator is a man who is compelled to protect her despite the fact that Flame would rather work alone. I can't say too much more of the ins and outs of the book because I don't want to give anything away. Just know that if you like any kind of woowoo paranormal books this is a _must_ read.

My Grade for Night Games A+

Bitten & Smitten by Michelle Rowen

I have been trying to read this book for 2 months. Amazing but true. I know many people loved this book but I just couldn't get into it. This is about Sarah who goes on a blind date only to awaken with him shoveling dirt on top of her. She has to come to terms with the fact that she really had been on the blind date from hell. He turned out to be a vampire who was totally infatuated with her and wanted to spend eternity together. If this wasn't bad enough (to wake up dead) they run into Vampire hunters and she barely escapes after her date was hacked to pieces. During her escape she finds Theierry, an acient vampire bent on suicide. Sarah's night, just kept getting worse and worse.

The tone of the book is to be taken as humorous but I didn't find it very funny. Sarah's comments are to be taken as witty and smart aleckey but they came across to me as annoying. I didn't think this book was stronge enough of a romance to be classified as one either. It is pretty bad when you kept rooting for the "hero" to go ahead and off himself and want the heroine to hook up with one of the supporting characters.

Not sure if I will dive into another book by Rowen anytime soon.

My grade for Bitten & Smitten.....D

Last Edited on: 8/17/06 7:43 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
AshsHeroine avatar
Date Posted: 8/8/2006 11:46 AM ET

I liked it a lot and I think it was Ash who said it was her favorite in the series so far? Maybe not.

Yup, it was me :) 

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/8/2006 10:23 PM ET
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/8/2006 10:26 PM ET

Books I have read in August are:

One Wish by Linda Lael Miller

Dying for Chocolate by Diane Mott Davidson

Currently reading Summer's Child by Luanne Rice and

A Case of Vinyard Poison by Philip R. Craig

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/9/2006 3:09 PM ET

Novemember Reads

Last Edited on: 10/28/06 9:41 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/13/2006 12:18 AM ET

i would like to see the reviews stay so we can go back and compare what people thought. 

so what i am proposing we do is everyone has their initial post that lists what they are currently reading that month that we go in and edit each month, and another post later in the forum that has reviews that is not edited once the month is over.  am i making any sense?  :)  we can put a note like 'reviews for august book on page 4, september reviews on page 6, etc' in our first post referencing where the reviews are. 

what do you all think of that?

crysteena73 avatar
Date Posted: 8/13/2006 7:36 AM ET

I did that on my August book I read this month. I probably should also tell y'all when I update my list (which is on page one) because when you update a post it doesn't register and I don't usually re-read multiple pages of posts.

I think your suggestion is a good one. From now on when I add a review (I add them as I go along) I will reference it with my page one list and then add a new post telling y'all where my stuff is found.

I would like all the reviews to remain too (that was another thing you suggested right?) If I read a book that someone else read 2 months earlier their review might mean a little more to me once I read the book too. I can also take the time to say something like...."Diane had a good point, I also think that....." Know what I mean?

crysteena73 avatar
Date Posted: 8/13/2006 7:55 AM ET
Ok all, I updated my Aug read list (page 1) and added my review of the book (page 4)
crysteena73 avatar
Date Posted: 8/13/2006 7:57 AM ET
Pam what did you think of The Mermaid Chair? I read it last year and although I thought it was beautifully written I didn't like the adultery in it. It kind of ruined the book for me.
AshsHeroine avatar
Date Posted: 8/13/2006 10:55 AM ET

Night Game by Christine Feehan

OMG!!! After finishing this book I had to take a cold shower. Let's forget about the fact that this a paranormal book full of Woowoo stuff right now. What's left? Totally HOT erotic sex scenes.

I really liked this book, I think Gator is awesome. He had been one I liked since the first book. The sex scenes were nice, but wait til you read some elloras cave books lol They are way above any regular romance sex.  :D 

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/14/2006 1:42 PM ET

August Reads:

Minx - Julia Quinn ~ C+

My Darling Caroline - Adele Ashworth ~ Reading

crysteena73 avatar
Date Posted: 8/17/2006 7:44 AM ET
I updated my Aug reads on page 1 and added my new review to page 4....My grade for Bitten & Smitten was pretty poor though. So take heed when viewing it.
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/21/2006 1:14 PM ET

August reads:

1. A Taste of Sin - Connie Mason
  2. The Rogue Report - Barbara Dawson Smith
  3. Blood Brother - Anne Bird
  4. In My Dreams - Susan Sizemore
  5. Mr. Monk Goes to the Firehouse - Lee Goldberg
  6. The Trouble With Harry - Katie Macalister
  7. Wicked Nights - Nina Bangs 
crysteena73 avatar
Date Posted: 8/25/2006 10:31 AM ET
I updated my August reads list on page one with a couple more books that i read. I haven't done the reviews yet though. I will do that when I have more time. Anyone else been reading lately? This topic has been very quiet.
Page:
Want fewer ads?