Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: boxer question

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
cakirkette avatar
Subject: boxer question
Date Posted: 7/25/2007 12:22 PM ET
Member Since: 10/14/2005
Posts: 333
Back To Top

Hi.  I'm  a new boxer and have a question.   I was sent an offer and I made a counter offer.  I have been waiting for days to hear back from the other party.    How long is typical to wait before cancelling an offer?  I have since turned down two offers for the same book because I'm still waiting for the first person to respond.  I don't want to cut it off early, but I'm passing up other options because of this delay.  Any advice is welcome. Thanks.


Advertisement avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 7/25/2007 12:57 PM ET
Member Since: 11/13/2005
Posts: 819
Back To Top

I would send a PM to follow up to make sure they were aware you had filled in your side, then allow at least a couple of days before canceling.  If there are multiple books in the first offer, I think you do have the option of removing that one requested book from their side and then reducing you side by one book to keep it even - at least up to the point where you both have accepted.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 7/25/2007 1:11 PM ET
Member Since: 8/30/2006
Posts: 172
Back To Top

I would think the same rules/guidelines would apply here as well - first in, first out.  first request meaning first accepted. If they requested a book, but haven't accepted the offer, go ahead and accept the ones after that then. The system should update the offer that hasn't been accepted with the book being taken off that offer. 

vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 7/25/2007 1:17 PM ET
Member Since: 9/30/2006
Posts: 7,947
Back To Top

I think I would PM the first boxer, telling them that you have had several requests for this particular book, and if you don't hear from them in 2-3 days you will have to decline their kind offer and move on to the next one.  Something may have happened in the life of this boxer, preventing him/her from responding to you, like an illness, etc.  Just be tactful and pleasant, and if you don't hear anything, then move on.