Budget Travel through Space and Time : Poems
Budget Travel through Space and Time Poems Author:Albert Goldbarth A new kaleidoscopic itinerary of poems by Albert Goldbarth, twice winner of the National Book Critics Circle Award — The glass eye = a prosthetic eye. — And a telescope lens?—the dream life — of the glass eye when it’s closed. — —from “About the Dead” — Albert Goldbarth’s trusty travel g... more »uide, Budget Travel through Space and Time, is a steal. For only $14.00, you can:
• Observe the nation of Tuvalu sinking into the Pacific!
• Discover Goldbarth’s Law of Physics (“At the moment when the past becomes two futures, / it becomes two pasts”)!
• Earn 27,000 frequent-flyer miles* by accompanying the Arctic tern on its annual migration!
• Witness William Herschel construct his famed telescope from horse manure in the late 1770s!
• Journey into the Paleolithic and waaay beyond to observe “The Most Ancient Light in Existence”!
• Witness why Goldbarth is “a dazzling virtuoso who can break your heart” (Joyce Carol Oates), and ponder how “Goldbarth finds startling and intricate connections where no one else has thought to look” (National Book Critics Circle citation, 2002)!