Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Going Green Going Green

Topic: have cats and kids?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: have cats and kids?
Date Posted: 6/13/2009 10:52 PM ET

Take one of your kitty litter buckets and put some frisbees, tennis balls, jump ropes, and other toys in it. Keep it in your car so whenever you go somewhere your kids will always have something to do. This is something my parents did for me and my three siblings and i can remember quite a few times when we would have been bored to tears if it wasn't for our travel bucket! Don't remove it from the car when returning home though or you will find yourself somewhere without it and your kids will have nothing to do

Pandoraspal avatar
Date Posted: 11/29/2009 9:53 PM ET

I have reused my kitty litter tubs. I have one that I use for an arts and crafts tub. I have several more that I have lined with a trash bag and put cat food in. All the tubs have been cleaned and disinfected before being reused.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 11/30/2009 9:15 PM ET

We have one kitty litter tub we keep inside by the litter box for changing the litter.   We refill it from large heavy bags in the garage.  Less waste than buying the little tubs all the time.