Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Book Bazaar Book Bazaar

Topic: Check out my bookshelf and help me get re-started!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Check out my bookshelf and help me get re-started!
Date Posted: 8/6/2007 9:05 PM ET

I took a long break from PBS to have a baby and I'm now trying to get started again, and I keep having to buy credit! =) I have some great books on my bookshelf, so if you are looking for a good read and don't really know what you want, check it out!

Here is some of what I have:

Fatal Burn by Lisa Jackson:

The police don't believe Shannon Flannery when she says someone is out there, watching her, trying to kill her. The only person on her side is Travis Settler. The former Special Forces agent is convinced Shannon's dark past has something to do with the disappearance of his daughter, Dani -- a child whose connection to Shannon is just the beginning of a nightmare...
Secrets have been kept from Shannon. Dark, dangerous, and very fatal secrets. Now, with no one to trust but a man who has every reason to doubt her, Shannon's determined to discover the shocking truth, even if it brings her face to face with a serial killer whose slow burn for vengeance will not be denied...

Finding Alice by Melody Carson

Sliding into the Rabbit Hole… Would She Ever Return?

On the surface, Alice Laxton seems no different from any other college girl: bright, inquisitive, excited about the life ahead of her. But for years, a genetic time bomb has been ticking away. Because of Alice’s near-genius intelligence, teachers and counselors have always made excuses for her “little idiosyncrasies.” But during a stress-filled senior year at college, a new world of voices, visions, and unexplainable “knowledge” causes Alice to begin to lose her grip on reality.

As Alice’s schizophrenia progresses, she experiences a disturbing religious “awakening,” believing that God and angels and demons are speaking to her. When others attempt to intervene, Alice is subjected to a wide range of “treatments” even more frightening and painful than her illness.

Powerfully raw and brutally honest, Finding Alice is a story of individual suffering and hope, a family’s shared ordeal, and a search for true mental and spiritual healing.

Left for Dead by Kevin O'Brien

When Clair Shaw wakes in a Seattle hospital, she remembers nothing of what has happened to her. She doesn't recognize the concerned faces of her husband and friends. She knows only that she is lucky to be alive, the single surviving victim of a vicious serial killer.

She was a mistake - not like the others. She didn't understand. That was obvious now. But she would come to understand. Next time, there would be no escape-and her eyes would fill with that perfect, beautiful terror...

On an island isolated from the mainland, Claire has returned to a life she barely knows anymore. A town that feels as if it, too, is hiding something in its dark woods, remote cabins, and chilly smiles. Bit by bit, Claire's memory is taking terrifying shape in a place where fear is very much at home...

The Resort by Bently Little

The Reata is an exclusive spa isolated in the Arizona desert - a perfect getaway from the city for people like Lowell Thurman & his family, booked for a relaxing five day retreat. But what unfolds is anything but tranquil: unnerving encounters with strange employees, wild parties in empty rooms, something unspeakable in the pool. Then, one by one, guests start didappearing. The Thurmans are afraid because out in the middle of nowhere, with no escape and no one to hear them scream, they're left with only one terrifying choice: unlock the dark secrets of the Reata themselves before the real carnage begins.

I also have books on Feng Shui and starting a business, for those looking for something other than fiction. And, I recently added several of William Johnstone's newest novels.

Thanks!