Chi Walking : The Five Mindful Steps for Lifelong Health and Energy
Chi Walking The Five Mindful Steps for Lifelong Health and Energy Author:Danny Dreyer, Katherine Dreyer A revolutionary program that blends the health benefits of walking with the core principles of T'ai Chi to deliver maximum physical, mental, and spiritual fitness — The low-impact health benefits of walking have made it one of the most popular forms of daily exercise. Yet few people experience all the benefits that walking can offer. — ... more »In Chi Walking, Danny and Katherine Dreyer, well-known walking and running coaches, teach the walking technique they created that transforms walking from a mundane means of locomotion into an intensely rewarding practice that enhances mental, emotional, and physical well-being. Similar to Pilates, yoga, and T'ai Chi, Chi Walking emphasizes body alignment and mindfulness while strengthening the core muscles of the body.
The five mindful steps of the Chi Walking program will get anyone, regardless of age or athletic ability, into great shape from head to toe, inside and out.
1. Get aligned. Develop great posture and better balance.
2. Engage your core. Make back and knee pain disappear.
3. Create balance. Walk faster, farther, and with less effort.
4. Make a choice. Choose from a menu of twelve great walks such as the Cardio Walk, the Energizing Walk, or the Walking Meditation, to keep your exercise program fresh.
5. Move forward. Make walking any distance a mindful, enjoyable experience, whether you're a beginner or a seasoned walker.« less
The Market's bargain prices are even better for Paperbackswap club members!
Retail Price:$15.99 Buy New (Paperback): $12.79 (save 20%) or Become a PBS member and pay $8.89+1 PBS book credit (save 44%)