Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
||Cookies & Bars
||5 / 10
2 - egg whites
1/4 teaspoon - salt
1/8 teaspoon - cream of tartar
1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
1/2 cup - sugar
1 cup - chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
2) Place wax paper on a cookie sheet and set aside.
3) Beat, with an electric mixer, egg whites until foamy.
4) Add salt, cream of tartar, and vanilla extract. Beat until soft peaks form.
5) Add sugar, a tablespoon at a time, until there are glossy, stiff peaks.
6) Fold in chocolate chips.
7) Bake for 1 1/2 hours-2 hours, or until firm.
These are an excellent alternative to the regular chocolate chip cookies.
If you want to speed it along, preheat oven to 300 degress instead, and cook for 30 minutes.