Chop, Chop Bread
From: GoldStar Automatic Breadmaker Instructions & Cooking Guide (model HB-036E, pg. 48). I don't have this bread machine any more, but still use this recipe to make pizza dough. I think I made this as written the first time or two and eventually decided it was a much better dough recipe.
- Place ingredients in bread pan in order listed. Put bread pan in bread machine, making sure pan is locked in place. Close lid.
- Select #6 (DOUGH CYCLE) on PROGRAM SELECT.
- Press Start.
- When dough has completed cycle, remove from inner pot and place on greased and floured bread board. Pat dough into two 10-inch rounds. Cover with a towel or loose plastic wrap, and let rise 1 hour or until puffy. Arrange filling in layers, of pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, and grated Parmesan on round, drawing dough up around filling. It is not necessary to cover filling dough.
- With a large knife, chop dough and filling five or six times across, then five or six times in the other direction. With the knife and a flat spatula, gently mix the dough and filling by lifting dough and topping ingredients from bottom and piling on top. Repeat chopping process.
- With a flat spatula, gently mound mixture on to lightly greased baking sheet, reshaping into a circle and making sure most of the filling touches the dough.
- Bake at 350oF for about 30 to 40 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
Serve warm or cold.