Clinical Tuberculosis 5E Author:P P, Gordon, G G Completely updated and revised, and now with a digital version, Clinical Tuberculosis continues to provide the TB worker, whether in public health, laboratory science, or clinical practice, with a synoptic and definitive account of the latest methods of diagnosis, treatment and control of this important and ever-spreading global disease. — New fo... more »r the fifth edition
* Totally revised section on the latest diagnostic methods includes techniques of gamma interferon based blood tests for the screening of latent infection to the new molecular techniques for diagnosing the species of Mycobacterium and identifying the gene for rifampicin resistance.
* Updated content on the human immune response to the tubercle bacillus.
* New developments such as the microscopic observation for drug sensitivity are detailed.
* Expanded sections on the management and control of TB both locally and globally.
* A wealth of new diagrams and clinical photographs help make the information available at a glance.
* With vital source e book: download the e book to your computer or access it anywhere with an internet browser, search the full text and add your own notes and highlights, link through from references to Pub Med.« less