Cut the Clutter and Stow the Stuff: The Q. U. I. C. K. Way to Bring Lasting Order to Household Chaos
Cut the Clutter and Stow the Stuff The Q U I C K Way to Bring Lasting Order to Household Chaos Author:Lori Baird 1,237 terrific clutter-cutting tips-- plus hundreds of insider secrets from America's clutter-control experts! — Is clutter taking over your life? — It's time to take some Q.U.I.C.K. action, cut the clutter, and stow the stuff once and for all! — Cut the Clutter and Stow the Stuff will help you tame the clutter monster using the revolutionar... more »y Q.U.I.C.K. clutter-control system. You're just five fast steps from a clutter-free home! See inside to:
* Discover your unique clutter style-- and how to make it work for you, not against you, in the fight with clutter. Take the clutter quiz on page 8. Once you know your clutter style, you'll finally understand why you feel compelled to collect every style of Spode teacup produced since 1856...or stash a year's worth of newspapers under the bed...or keep your 45-year-old son's high school football jerseys "just in case." And you'll find effective strategies to turn those tendencies to your advantage!
* Rediscover your rooms-- and your furniture (when was the last time you saw the top of your dining room table?!)-- with the simple steps in the Unload chapter on page 43. There really is a house under there!
* Find storage space you never knew you had, even in cramped quarters like the bathroom and laundry room. It's there-- once you know where to look for it.
* Clear out the kids' rooms without starting a war. These ingenious tactics are so effective, your kids may even pitch in!
* Make all those piles of paper disappear like magic. Right now, your paper piles are probably multiplying faster than hot dogs at a ball game. But you'll find how to get them out and keep them out (even at the office!) starting on page 316.« less
Another good book on decluttering. Helps you see what kind of clutter you have your motives for hanging on to or not getting rid of it. Lots of helpful ideas, insights and ways to deal with the mess you've gotten yourself into.
It gives you real tools to deal with everything and look at your situation clearly. I liked it also because it also tells you solutions taking care of what you have left and keeping your house neat and tidy. I liked this book!
Dorothy H. reviewed Cut the Clutter and Stow the Stuff: The Q. U. I. C. K. Way to Bring Lasting Order to Household Chaos on + 9 more book reviews
Helpful Score: 2
Good book. When I get time I want to start doing the actions it suggests in the few pages I read. The person I got it from liked it very much and said she followed the directions and her house is very much more organized. One of the suggestions of the book were to get rid of things she didn't need any more including the book.