Dying to Be Thin : Understanding and Defeating Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia--A Practical, Lifesaving Guide
Dying to Be Thin Understanding and Defeating Anorexia Nervosa and BulimiaA Practical Lifesaving Guide Author:Ira M. Sacker, Marc A. Zimmer Food and Dieting become an obsession. You wonder why it has happened and how it can be stopped. Someone you know is...Dying To Be Thin. — There are over two million anorexics and bulimics in the U.S. today, and the numbers are growing to epidemic proportions. At last, two experts who have helped hundred of anorexics and bulimics return to healthy... more » lives explain in full detail the causes and symptoms of these disorders, and how and where to find help. With case histories and first-person accounts of patients, their physicians, families, and friends, Dying To Be Thin is the complete resource for anyone concerned with these dangerous disorders. With clarity, sympathy, and wisdom, Dying To Be Thin tells you:
* What bulimia is and how people get hooked on a binge-purge cycle
* The invisible causes of anorexia nervosa
* Medical effects of anorexia and bulimia
* Why many eating disorders go unnoticed by parents, teachers, and friends-and how you can recognize them
* How you, or someone you know, can stop focusing on food and reawaken to the world of feelings, belonging, and love
* Where to go for professional help-with listings of national and local support groups, treatment centers, and more.