Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - The Writers' Forum The Writers' Forum

Topic: Editing Services

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
yukixzero avatar
Subject: Editing Services
Date Posted: 6/29/2016 2:33 PM ET

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am looking to get started in development/project editing, substantive/structural editing and copy editing, and would be interested in working with writers to collaborate and further develop a concept for a short story or book or to help fine-tune an existing project with grammatical corrections and other mechanics of style. I would also be interested in reading works and providing an evaluation or critique regarding their viability and marketability as I see it.

It is my goal to respect your unique writing voice and work with you to take your writing project to the next level. I do have some collegiate level experience in copy editing, and have a love of literature and gift for the English language. My area of specialty is young adult fiction.

As I am just getting started, I am not requesting any payment for my services at this time, but would ask that you allow me to use you for a reference. This may involve providing me with your real name and a phone number, with the understanding you may be contacted by future clients, as well as allowing me to share a short description of the services I performed for you.

Please message me if you would like to discuss a project you are working, and I look forward to speaking with you in the future.

Best Regards,

Megan M.

Last Edited on: 6/30/16 12:38 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
beaugoose avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 3/25/2017 7:56 AM ET

Hi Megan,

I hope this is a successful enterprise for you.  I would also be interested in this type of work, as I have a knack for picking out errors in published works.  I would love to be a professional proofreader.  If you or anyone needs a second set of eyes, I would be interested.  I am a professional secretary.

Fleurette