Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Mystery & Thrillers

Topic: FYI

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: FYI
Date Posted: 7/27/2019 9:49 AM ET

Does anyone read Luke Delaney? well, if you haven't then I suggest you try him, he writes a really good series about serial killers and it takes place in London, I have him on list with Chris Carter as the best, better than James Patterson as he is letting co-writers do the writing for him most of the time so I don't read many of his books anymore.

Just a suggestion.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 11/18/2019 9:33 AM ET

Adding another very good writer to this list-----Simon Kernick!

His books are very hard to get so the last few I've had my local library order them and put them into their system---luckily they did that for me and I'm very grateful as he is a very good writer---give him a try!

Last Edited on: 11/18/19 9:34 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
englishmaven avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Good Mystery Authors
Date Posted: 12/29/2019 7:52 AM ET

Thanks Donna. I'll look Luke Delaney up on Fantastic Fiction. I don't think that I've heard of him. I love murder mysteries--especially when there's a serial killer.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalBox-O-Books medal
Date Posted: 1/6/2020 5:37 AM ET

If you like serial killer mysteries you might want to try these authors

Cody McFadyen- Smokey Barret Series

Alex Kava-Maggie Odell Series

Happy reading!

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/13/2020 1:28 PM ET

Any one else reading Annie Hogsett?  She writes the 'Somebody's Bound to WInd up Dead' series with a blind detective + his livrarian co-hort set in Cleveland. So far there are only three books (Too Lucky to Live, Murder to the Metal, The Devil's Own Game) in the series and I'm really hoping there will be more. Publishers seem to be stopping too many good series at 3 books. Maybe that discussion deserves a thread of its own or is it that am I the only one reading these series?

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/16/2020 7:17 AM ET

Yay, thanks for the feedback although it's taken me a long time to respoind

So--here's another one to check out, Alex Lake, I've read all these books and I think they are very good, when I look them up on Amazon for reviews and I see the 1 or 2 star it makes me wonder what kind of books those reviewers read, everyone has their own opinion and I recognize that but yet these are very good books.

Check them out!