Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - September Hot Topics

Topic: Fantasy discussion

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
tammy60 avatar
Date Posted: 10/12/2012 10:27 PM ET

When you get to read Jar City, I hope you like it. I loved it! :)  I'm hoping to win book 2 Silence of the Grave, in a swap I'm playing in.  Right now I'm holding it, hoping it doesn't get stolen.

Yeah, I wish it wasn't WL'd too.  It would make for a good discussion.  Yeah, my TBR isn't getting any smaller either.  blush

okbye avatar
Barb S. (okbye) - ,
Date Posted: 10/12/2012 11:16 PM ET

I'm about 1/3 of the way through the one I'm reading and I really like it so Jar City should be good too. I have Silence Of The Grave in my kindle file, along with about 7 other of his. There's like 5000 books in there, I need to live to be at least 500 years old. 

tammy60 avatar
Date Posted: 10/13/2012 9:42 AM ET

Oh my goodness Barb! surprise  My TBR pile is miniscule compared to yours.  I have about 150, these are books I actually have and another 240+ on my reminder list that I want to get (my reminder list is a kind of TBR in limbo) LOL!!

I have the Kindle free app on my computer that I use to borrow books from the library from time to time and I have the Pandigital eReader that I hardly use anymore.  I'm still too much old school for digital reading, I like to hold the book in my hands, as well as owning them. 

okbye avatar
Barb S. (okbye) - ,
Date Posted: 10/13/2012 1:58 PM ET

My TBR pile of real books is 376, I'm kinda new to the ereader thing but I keep it in the bathroom. Unfortunately I spend a lot of time in there so I usually have one real book and one ebook going at the same time and they take about the same amount of time. Works out well. Most of the books in my kindle file I've never heard of and probably will never read but it comes in handy in occasions like this, I had the winning book in there already. I do prefer a real book though, it's just not quite the same. 

Generic Profile avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/16/2012 11:04 PM ET

I just purged a series I can't possibly keep up with, I had up to 20 have read 2 of them and then found out that there are 36 with more being published every few months. I also purged a few others that I had gotten either in deals or were given to me that I gave up on. That brought Mt. TBR down to 376 with a few WL's on their way.

okbye avatar
Barb S. (okbye) - ,
Date Posted: 10/17/2012 12:51 AM ET

Makes me wonder how good they could be coming out so frequently like that. Who can write a book every few months? 

Generic Profile avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/17/2012 4:28 AM ET

It's more than one author writing under a pseudonym. I usually don't get into multiple author series anyway, but I didn't know that it wasn't one person until I had started collecting them.

Page: