Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Historical Fiction

Topic: Farewell

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
hannamatt52 avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Subject: Farewell
Date Posted: 10/28/2019 11:06 PM ET

I just wanted to let all my dear friends on this forum know that I will probably not be posting here any longer.  My cancer has come back with a vengeance and I will be entering a hospice program at my home.  I am not sure how much longer I will remain lucid so I wanted to thank you all for your love and support over the years of my struggle with breast cancer.

yankeechick avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/29/2019 7:36 PM ET

Cheryl,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. ð

It's been an honor to have you as a book buddy.

Carolyn

hardtack avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 10/30/2019 9:48 PM ET

Ah.... stories such as yours are hard to bear. It's been less than a year I lost a great lady friend to cancer. She seemed in such good health and then they discovered the cancer. I wish you the best and hope you have loving family and friends to be with you.

hannamatt52 avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 11/1/2019 10:36 PM ET

Thank you both!

bkydbirder avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 11/3/2019 8:24 AM ET

Cheryl, I haven't been on this forum in ages now but something told me to check in this morning. I'm so, so very sorry to hear about your condition. You are a real fighter and I've admired your resilience for years now. Who are we to determine why the good Lord  wants us more than those of us being left behind? My prayers will be with you and with your family! Big hugs....

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 11/4/2019 3:03 PM ET

Cheryl:  Miracles sometimes happen.  May somehow you survive the tragedy of cancer.  Sending good vides and prayers your way.

Last Edited on: 11/5/19 9:46 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
hannamatt52 avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Subject: Update
Date Posted: 11/6/2019 9:40 PM ET

Hey all, this is Cheryl's daughter posting on her account. Cheryl passed away last night at home peacefully. I just want to express how much she loved this forum and thank you all for your support and encouragement over the years. She loved to read and she loved to be here sharing that love with you all. Thank you and God Bless. 

Christina 

bkydbirder avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 11/6/2019 9:53 PM ET

Christina - thank you for giving us this heart breaking news! Your mother was a real gem and she will be sorely missed. I'm so happy to hear that her last days were spent at home with her loved ones - hopefuly she wasn't in a lot of discomfort. My prayers will continue for all of you, her family, to hopefully help in dealing with this great loss,

ssgilby avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 11/8/2019 1:30 PM ET

Wow.  I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks, and I find this on my return today.  After reading Cheryl's initial post, and being completely blown away, I was just ready to type a kind word to her and maybe send a private message -- then I read further.  I am so sad.  It's strange, I never met Cheryl in person, and although a few years ago I (and probably many of the rest of us) were much more active here and tighter as a group, I have gotten spotty with checking - despite all that, in my mind, Cheryl was a "friend," and hearing she is gone struck at my heart. I am sad that although we lived in the same state, we never had the opportunity to meet. 

Christina, I thank you for posting to let us know (and thank your mom for having the courage to come here to post her goodbye). I've had more than one on-line buddy just "disappear" from various forums I was on, and it is always a little disconcerting. You always wonder what happened to that person.  Huge {{{{{HUGS}}}} to you and your family.  May you take comfort in the fact that your mom is at peace. 

Last Edited on: 11/8/19 1:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
sls avatar
Ella S. (sls) - ,
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 11/15/2019 5:09 AM ET

Good morning everyone