Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Christian Book Recommendations

Topic: Fatherless by James Dobson

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
r801 avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Fatherless by James Dobson
Date Posted: 7/10/2016 11:15 AM ET

Just finished reading this book, first of three in the trilogy...while not the best written book, I believe it has a lot of things for people to think about.  The book is set in a futuristic setting, but the issues are going on TODAY and some are issues that we will be voting on in the next election.  This book will make you THINK of long term consenquences before you vote in the next election!!  Worth a day or two's reading. I haven't listed it to swap yet, I want to see if one of my kids will read it! 

depper1 avatar
Date Posted: 7/18/2016 7:26 AM ET

I just ordered all three books from Bookoutlet.com for a very reasonable price.  Thanks for the recommendation.

r801 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/18/2016 10:42 AM ET

You're welcome Darlene! I am half way through book #2, "Childless" and just reached a part in the story that was so real to an issue going right now, but to read it the way it was written just made me stop for a few minutes to think and pray.  I also just finished "The Brickmakers Bride" (bought off Christianbooks.com sale, really cheap!).  That was a good read too, made you think about what you say and how your attitude and speech affects others, as well as a good story. 

r801 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/22/2016 12:16 AM ET

Just finished book #3, final book in series, "Godless".......read this trilogy!!

clariail avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 7/25/2016 3:00 PM ET

I found Childless in the Dollar Tree a couple of weeks ago and picked it up for our church library. After that found the other two on the bargain shelf at Lifeway so have all three now.

r801 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/25/2016 6:59 PM ET

Wow, that was a GREAT find on all three of them! Let me know what you think of them...without giving away too many of the plot lines!