- "THE MISSING PIECE" (The Jigsaw Files #1) by Sharon Sala (A+++++) Solving the puzzle could be the last thing he does...PI Charlie Dodge knows what it's like to have something important dissappear. His wife, Annie, suffers from early-onset Alzheimer's causing her to remember little of the life she shared with her husband. Charlie has the devoted his career to saving what he can - missing people, threatened lives. But when prominent Denver multimillionaire Carter Dunleavy vanishes without a trace, Charlie and his assistant, Wyrick, discover missing doesn't always mean gone. It turns out Carter didn't vanish after all - he's gone into hiding. Someone in his inner circle wants him dead and now Carter needs Charlie to expose the culprit before the Dunleavy empire spirals into ruin. But with a tangled web of suspects looking to silence Charlie's investigation, he'll have to find Carter's would-be killer and fast, before the traitor can finished the job.
- "RANCHER'S DREAM" (Montana Cahills #6) by B.J. Daniels (A++++) Tragedy sent Deidre “Drey” Hunter running from rancher Hawk Cahill and into the arms of a sleek businessman who promised her a new life. But dreams of Manhattan days and cosmopolitan nights shatter when he brings her back to an ultramodern paradise in her hometown of Gilt Edge - and vanishes on their wedding night. Taunted by seclusion and silence, Drey starts to doubt everything…including her sanity. Only Hawk, the stubborn cowboy from her school days, believes the threats are real and that someone is ready to kill. But is he willing to forgive the past if it means ending her nightmare?
- "ALREADY HOME" by Susan Mallery (A+++++) (unabridged audio CD) After nearly a decade as a sous-chef in a trendy eatery and fresh off a divorce from the owner, Jenna Stevens is desperate for a change. So when she spots a for-lease sign in her hometown, she impulsively decides to open her very own cooking store. Her crash course in business is aided by a streetwise store manager and Jenna's adoptive mother. But as soon as she gains a foothold in her new life, in walk her birth parents - aging hippies on a quest to reconnect. Now Jenna must figure out how to reconcile the free-spirited Serenity and Tom with the parents who raised her and decide whether to open her heart to a man who just might be the best thing to happen to her in years. All without sacrificing her newly found dreams. In the end, Jenna will find that there is no perfect family, only the people we love.
- "WELCOME TO MOONLIGHT HARBOR" (Moonlight Harbor #1) by Sheila Roberts (A+++++) Once happily married, Jenna Jones is about to turn forty, and this year for her birthday - lucky her - she’s getting a divorce. She’s barely able to support herself and her teenage daughter, but now her deadbeat artist ex is hitting her up for spousal support…and then spending it on his “other” woman. Still, as her mother always says, every storm brings a rainbow. And when she gets a very unexpected gift from her great-aunt Edie, things seem to be taking a turn for the better. Aging Aunt Edie is finding it difficult to keep up her business running The Driftwood Inn, so she invites Jenna to come live with her and run the place. It looks like Jenna’s financial problems are solved! Or not. The town is a little more run-down than Jenna remembers, but that’s nothing compared to the ramshackle state of The Driftwood Inn. Aunt Edie is confident they can return it to its former glory, though Jenna feels like she’s jumped from the proverbial frying pan into the beach fire. But who knows? With the help of her new friends and a couple of handsome citizens, perhaps that rainbow is on the horizon after all. Because, no matter what, life is always good at the beach.
- "IN SHADOWS" by Sharon Sala (A++++) To protect her, he must remain a ghost...Jack McCann has been in love with Shelly since they were teens. They married just out of college and right before he went to work as an undercover agent for the FBI. When he can, he slips away from his assignments to see her. Jack has been undercover on his latest case for months, investigating a weapons-smuggling business. But just as the FBI is set to make the bust, Jack's cover is blown. The last thing he feels as he crashes through a warehouse window and into the open water is a bullet piercing his back. The last thing he hears is Adam Wu promising to destroy everyone Jack loves. Shelley's worst nightmares come true when the FBI arrive at her doorstep to bring her the news. But she doesn't know the truth: Jack survived the shooting and will do anything to keep his beloved wife safe - even if it means hiding in shadows.
CURRENTLY READING -
- "Gastien: From Dream to Destiny" (Gastien #2) by Caddie Rowland (reading on a Kindle app on my computer)
- "Seven Stones to Stand or Fall" by Diana Gabaldon
- "More Than Words" "The Greatest Gift" by Diana Palmer "Shelternet" by Jan Richardson and Kathryn Babcock "Close Call" by Carla Neggers "Quilts from Caring Hands" by June Nielsen "Hanging by a Thread" by Emilie Richards "Memory Box Artist Program" by Tera Leigh "Small Packages" by Brenda Novak "The Motheread/Fatheread Literacy Program" by Dena Wortzel "Built to Last" by Susan Mallery
- "Beyond Control" (Texas Trilogy #3) by Kat Martin
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
- "Dark in Death" (In Death #46) by J.D. Robb (listening on an Audible application on my cell phone)
- "Captivated" by Nora Roberts (unabridged audio CD)
Last Edited on: 2/24/20 2:54 AM ET - Total times edited: 9