Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Friend invitations

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
mistyks avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Friend invitations
Date Posted: 6/22/2019 11:42 AM ET

I have sent several friend requests over the time I have been here, but I wonder if members ever see these requests? Is the default setting for friend requests NOT automatic acceptance? I have visited the friends tab on my account and found the link for friend invitations. It shows friend requests pending, I deleted a lot of the old ones, I also found a request sent to me, so I must not have mine set to automatically accept them.  I am still learning things about this site!

:) Terry

hardtack avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/22/2019 5:33 PM ET

Terry, I've been here over nine years and log on to PBS a lot, but I'm still learning the ins and outs of the site. I sometimes wonder if anyone knows it all. I've had to look at the library files a lot to figure some things out, and, as a last resort, you can contact the PBS team. But I only do the latter when I'm really stuck or notice something screwy going on with the software.

Last Edited on: 6/22/19 5:36 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
rebeccam avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/22/2019 6:22 PM ET

I think before I went to auto request that I got messages for friend requests.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 6/22/2019 6:41 PM ET

I get emails saying I have a friend request at PBS, but maybe you have to have your settings set so that you get those emails? I don't believe in 'auto accept' for friends cause I use my friends list differently than most members.