Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Christian Book Recommendations

Topic: Funny Christian Fiction??

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/27/2009 8:26 PM ET

I like Diann Hunt's books.  RV there yet?  and Hot Tropics and Cold Feet are two of hers that come to mind.  While I always enjoy Kristen Billerbeck, Ms. Hunt's books are written with more mature characters.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/28/2009 5:20 AM ET

I just read Petticoat Ranch by Mary Connealy and it was cute.

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Rene Gutteridge
Date Posted: 1/14/2015 8:44 PM ET

I LOVED the Boo Series by Rene Gutteridge. Just finished Flipside. Also have read the Occupational Hazards Series and Never the Bride. Love 'em!

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 1/18/2015 1:09 PM ET

I agree with those of you who mentioned Siri Mitchell.  Her older books (contemporary chick lit) are really funny.  I really liked Cubicle Next Door, Kissing Adrien and Moon Over Tokyo.  Her newer stuff, which is Historical I don't find funny and the ones I read I haven't liked too much (and I do like  historical romance, just not hers).

I read Dreaming in Black and White and Dreaming in Technicolor.  Hated the ending of Technicolor.

Melody Carlson has written some funny chick lit (these boots weren't made for walking and a mile in  my flip flops).

I also laughed out loud in the books by Christa Ann Bannister.  Unfortunately, she only  has 2 books.   It's not every day I find a book that makes me laugh out loud.

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Funny Christian Books
Date Posted: 1/22/2015 3:29 PM ET

I didn't see anyone mention The Mitford Series by Jan Karon. Laugh-out-loud funny on audiobook, also!

MSCOZY avatar
Friend of PBS-Diamond medal
Date Posted: 5/28/2015 6:56 AM ET

I enjoyed Fannie Flagg's " Can't Wait To Get To Heaven."  Made me laugh!

Also enjoyed Effie Builder's series which starts with "Out To Pasture."

Last Edited on: 5/28/15 7:02 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
SouthernMrs avatar
Subject: Hoping to Update this list!
Date Posted: 12/1/2016 2:07 AM ET

Hello All, I've enjoyed reading several of the humorous recommendations from this list and thought I'd ask if anyone has anything to add since the list is several years old now. Please update if you have found any other titles or authors to add.

Thank you!

Charlene

LindseyfromBFCG avatar
Date Posted: 12/1/2016 9:30 PM ET

Janice Hanna Thompson, Jen Turano & Erynn Mangum are the first ones that come to my mind! :)

Page: