Facebook
Skip to main content
PBS logo

Want fewer ads?

Discussion Forums - Health, Mind, Body

Topic: Greetings Fellow Allowers

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Raine avatar
Date Posted: 6/11/2007 5:38 AM ET

Where  is the Good Thoughts thread? I've been searchin'...

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/11/2007 5:32 PM ET

Oh, Raine sorry to be so confusing!!  It's your Notes from The Universe topic, you know the "thoughts become things, chose the good ones!"   Once I'm posting if I leave to check on something I lose the post so I have to improvise - ha ha.

Here's a story, had a haircoloring disaster yesterday!  My hair is medium reddish brown, but with lots of grey ( since 30) I color regularly.  Well got some new stuff to try, takes only 5 mins, it said.  By the time I applied it and cleaned off drips etc, it was more than 5 mins, my hair was black!  Was supposed to be Medium Brown!  I look like an old Goth!  Waited till stores opened went to get more haircolor, the right kind this time.  Put it on, waited 35 mins - nothing - no difference still black.   Arrrggghhh!   So I went to the beauty shop this morning (stopping by PO on the way, wearing a hat) to see what they could do for me.  Well with most of it cut off, 2 hours of treatments and $80.00 later, I still hate it.  I got a semi-permanent color but it's dark burgundy.  Very bummed out about it, this dark color does not suit me at all.  It's a scary look.  Having trouble wondering why THIS happened.   At least it's semi-perm color and will eventually go or grow or something.

Hope others have had a good weekend. 

Cheers, Margaret

Raine avatar
Date Posted: 6/13/2007 3:41 AM ET

Oh no! There is a product that removes dye... For the life of me I can't remember what it's called. I'm sorry you don't like the color, though it sounds lovely! :o)

My sister-in-law tried to go red once and ended up PINK! It was awful, but at least it was light enough to dye over.

Sending you good hair vibes...

-Raine

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/26/2007 8:27 PM ET

Hello Dear Allowers......

Thought some of you might like my books....just posted some feng shui.....mysticism......learning to let go......oh those precious books....it's not always easy......

enjoy!
shira

Raine avatar
Date Posted: 6/27/2007 5:33 AM ET

Hiya Shira!

How's it going for you?

Call me a reluctant skeptic- sell me a bit (I'm a soft sell, really I am) on Feng Shui. Personal stories work best. ;o)

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/27/2007 11:18 AM ET

Hi Raine....

You know....i'm so not into "selling".....my joy and peace and happiness are very strong these days.

I've enjoyed these books and awareness that they have brought to my life....and hey.......they'll be just right for one person and not speak at all to another and i'm really fine with that. 

Sending you much joy and peace....

shira

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 7/30/2007 9:53 AM ET

Hi, everyone.  Hope all are well!  The thread seems to have stalled a bit - can we start up again?   How is everyone doing?

I've been going through lots of rough stuff this past month and could do with some up-beat thoughts.  Was going on a fabulous course as hypno-therapist - so looking forward to it (and it all cost a bomb!) but the day before I was to leave, got word my Father had died, so had to shelf everything and leave for England.  I was there almost a month, and it was very hard, bittersweet really as I so enjoyed being with my family again.  My mother is not doing well and it was wrenching to come back.  To be honest, don't have much to come back to - no job, no new career and a broken marriage.  Ha.  The Universe works in mysterious ways!  I guess it's time for me to make some drastic life changes, just have no clue what yet!!

Blessings to all, Margaret 

CozSnShine avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 7/30/2007 10:29 AM ET

Oh dear me Margaret.   I am so sorry for your loss.   To lose a parent is such a hard thing.   So many emotions involved.  May the memories of the good times you had with you Dad soon replace the feelings of sadness that you are with you right now.     I can see why it would be hard to come back.   To not be with the rest of the family during this time must be difficult. 

I don't have any wisdom for the other parts of your life.   All I know is to change the situation you need to do something new and different.  When we continue the same old patterns, we continue to get the same results.

May each day bring you some ray of happiness.   Let us know how you are doing.

Raine avatar
Date Posted: 8/1/2007 4:36 AM ET

Margaret, I am sending you the absolute strongest positive energy I can! Please do keep "checked-in" with us, let us know how we can help you.

Not that it's comparable to the loss of a parent, I know it's not, but we lost our precious dog 3 weeks ago. I was completely destroyed, but am getting better. 12 years of her glued to my side- she was blind for the last 3, and had started going deaf...

Anyway, I hurt with you.

-Raine

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/1/2007 9:20 AM ET

Ah, Raine, this was your beautiful chocolate lab I assume?  The loss of a beloved pet is indeed very hard, I do know what you are going through there.  I am so sorry for your loss and my good thoughts are with you. 

For me, it's not only the loss of my Dad, but worry about my Mum.  She has always been the heart & strength of our family - suffers from severe osteo arthritis, practically crippled now - but still keeps going.  She is lost without Dad, doesn't sleep much and hardly eats, the woman only weighs as much as a humming bird anyway, so we are all a bit worried.  My siblings live close by, but it bothers me that I can't be there.  Strange as it seems I am thinking about moving back to England, it's a big decision and would require much preparation, so that's what I'm wrestling with.  I am thinking positive thoughts that my confusion will clear and I'll make the best choice!

Cozette, many thanks for your kind thoughts.  Your positive outlook is quite an inspiration to me, and I know to others here too.  Love the new look to your Posts.

One thing we can all be sure of that "this too shall pass."

Much love to you both,  Margaret

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/1/2007 1:33 PM ET

"Laughter Is The Best Medicine"    I try to find something to laugh about everyday  or I laugh at myself ..

Page:
Want fewer ads?