Hearty Bean Burger
||5 / 10
Cup 1/2 - Low Sodium Chick Peas
Each 1 - Egg
Dash 1 - 2 - Oregano
Dash 1 - 2 - Dry Basil
Drain, rinse, and mash the chick peas (garbanzo beans).
Beat 1 whole egg and mix into pea mash.
Add herbs and mix.
In preheated fry pan, add oil, greased metal egg ring, then add mixture into the ring.
Cook on medium heat for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes; remove ring, flip, and cook other side the same time.
Remove and place on Eziekel bread or bun or roll of your choice.
Add a slice or two of cheese, salt and pepper, and condiments of your choice.
1. Use low sodium canned chick peas (100 mgs per 1/2 cup) or ones you prepare from dry (20 mgs per 1/2 cup).
2. Run a knife around the inside of the egg ring to loosen before removing.
3. For health reasons, I use sprouted multi-grain (Ezekiel) bread and almond or rice cheese.
4. I spread mayo and honey-mustard dressing on the bread, since it tends to be somewhat dry.
5. This recipe works fine with pinto or black beans.
Nutrition (burger only):
Fiber, 6 gms
Protein, 13 gms
Sodium, 165 mgs
Nutrition (burger, cheese, and Ezekiel bread):
Fiber, 13 gms
Protein, 28 gms
Sodium, 505 mgs