Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: How to send pictures to PBS (email)

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Subject: How to send pictures to PBS (email)
Date Posted: 5/24/2023 9:41 PM ET

So here's my situation. Someone posted a WLbook, I was next in line, I accepted and it was sent. So far so good....THe book arrives with a big chunk of pages coming out at the spine break. I marked received with a problem, thanked the sender for sending me the book and said there was a chunk of pages coming out at the spine break and may I please receive my credit back. Her response was sure..LOL..I can do that, I have over 800 credits so I can lose one. She then says she read it just fine and maybe I can get a pristine copy now with the returned credit..

So this is ridiculous..she sent a book against pbs rules and she makes it sound like a pristine copy was wanted. This is a library book, very worn (I should say I don't mind library books and I have no Requesters Conditions) and I think she picked it up at a library sale and didn't thumb through it. I want to send PBS pictures so they can see it wasn't a case of wanting a "pristine" book..it was a case of someone sending a book with a chunk of pages falling out.

I'm sure if she had read it, she was very careful with the pages but sending someone a book with so many pages coming out doesn't make sense. Following her logic, just send a book with all the pages out..you can still read it.

Is there an email address or a way to upload photos to send to the librarian? Thank you.

Last Edited on: 5/25/23 10:27 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/25/2023 7:53 AM ET

email addies:

rpickering@paperbackswap.com 

librarian@paperbackswap.com 

I have no idea about uploading photos. 

bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 5/25/2023 8:16 AM ET

Thank you I think the librarian one is one that you can't reply to either. I think that's just an email that you can send from but not receive so the other one may work.

Patouie avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Approver medalTour Guide Asst. Coord. medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 5/26/2023 2:11 AM ET

librarian@paperbackswap.com  is the good email. (noreply@paperbackswap.com is the one we're not supposed to reply to.)

But... the Admin Team doesn't review photos of problem swaps. Instead, you can post the photos on a free photo hosting site like Flickr, then send the link to the other member. The Help doc "There is a problem with a book I received!" gives more details. If the other member doesn't respond to your message, you can contact the Admin Team, but give it 4 or 5 days.

Since she did return your credit, most of the situation is resolved. Given her comment, they may contact her if she has a pattern of sending bad books, but they probably won't give you details on that.

Last Edited on: 5/26/23 2:16 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
bookbuggg avatar
Date Posted: 5/26/2023 10:14 AM ET

Thank you!