Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Book Bazaar Book Bazaar

Topic: How to use this forum - please read before posting here!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Books from Large Collection Needing a Home ASAP
Date Posted: 4/13/2014 11:33 AM ET

If you live within what you think is reasonable driving distance from Columbia, MO, this will be of interest to you. My wife and I are in the process of helping a dying friend dispose of his possessions and property. He has thousands of books in a very eclectic collection which are in a wooden outbuilding lined with shelves. Condition of books varies, but we've disposed of the books in poorest condition. A local used book dealer said he'd never seen anything as unique, but he only bought a few. A fair number of the books are Bible study and Christian books. They, too, are eclectic in nature, but probably more fitting to the interests of Bible believing, dispensationalist Christians. A number of books are on prophecy, though subject matter and doctrinal viewpoint varies. I've contacted a couple of churches here, but have had not had any takers for the Christian books.
We have an auction tentatively planned for April 24th, and I'm afraid many of the books will not be taken and may be pitched into the garbage. I don't want to see this happen. If you can come in person to see this collection, you're welcome to take what suits your fancy. Most books are nonfiction and, as indicated above, are diverse in subject matter. Please contact me to make arrangements.

mcp7 avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Richard Misrach Golden Gate Book
Date Posted: 5/3/2014 9:33 AM ET
would anyone be willing to trade Richard Misrach book Golden Gate for Bill Pearls Keys to the Inner Universe book plus a few credits?
nitsua avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Subject: Book with Multiple ISBNs
Date Posted: 5/11/2014 9:23 PM ET

I have a paperback copy of Kurt Vonnegut's Timequake. It has an ISBN on the back which comes up with a completely different book when I tried to post it (something about Gold Coins). The first ISBN on the inside is for the hardback edition and the second ISBN is for the limited edition. Since I can't post it on my bookshelf, I thought I would attempt to post it here.

glowbir avatar
Limited Member medal
Subject: The Life and Death of Che Guevara: Companero
Date Posted: 5/24/2014 8:38 PM ET

I have a very nice copy of The Life and Death of Che Guevara: Companero, probably partially read one time.  It is unpostable due to light pink and light green highlighting in text in the Prologue and from approx. pp 57-172 (of 456 pp).  The book itself has clean pages, looks very new, with minor shelf wear to some corners.  Perfectly readable copy.  ISBN 0679759409.

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Little Catechism on the Eucharist-Revised Edition
Date Posted: 7/1/2014 1:29 PM ET

ISBN: 978-1-892875-52-7

Only the original is listed on the main page.

normal 1 credit for book.

greenini avatar
Date Posted: 10/5/2015 1:00 PM ET

sorry, posted wrong place

Last Edited on: 10/5/15 1:10 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: "Life: Beautiful" Spring 2016 Magazine Available!! Great Condition!!!
Date Posted: 11/19/2016 8:08 PM ET

Hello there, 

I have a great condition copy of Life:  Beautiful Spring 2016 magazine.  I am wondering if anyone would like this magazine sent to them first-class in exchange for a credit?  If interested, just send me a PM

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Terms of the Deal
Date Posted: 5/1/2019 3:36 PM ET

I am downsizing my library of books. Have 20+ Mary Jo Putney books to swap on a 2-for-1 basis. If you are interested let me know the two (0r more) titles you want. 

Bev

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Buy one get one free on all my audio books on CD
Date Posted: 9/23/2019 1:26 PM ET

Hi.....

I am offering buy one get one free on all my audio books on CD......starting today Sept 23rd until Sept. 30th 

Thank you Kathy

Sherry avatar
Standard Member medalTour Guide medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/8/2020 2:07 PM ET

Deleted post

Last Edited on: 3/8/20 2:07 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Have the rules changed?
Date Posted: 7/8/2020 3:11 AM ET

Lacie A (darkangel) Is requesting that a minimum of 2 books be ordered from her shelf. They are not wishlisted. Are we now allowed to place minimum orders?  Thanks

JoyfulatHome avatar
Subject: Beth Moore Bible Study Books
Date Posted: 1/18/2023 11:49 AM ET

posted in wrong place.

Last Edited on: 1/18/23 11:55 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Page: