Infant Massage: A Handbook for Loving Parents
Infant Massage A Handbook for Loving Parents Author:Vimala Schneider McClure Discover the gentle art of Infant Massage ... — In this completely updated version of her renowned classic, Vimala McClure, founder of the International Association of Infant Massage, and its premier proponent in the United States, helps you master the techniques of infant massage so you can incorporate this joyful and wonderful... more » healing art into your baby's life. She shows you why a daily massage can be one of the greatest gifts you give your child ... and yourself. For generations, mothers the world over have known that the soft stroke of their hands soothes, calms, and communicates their love to their babies. Now scientific research proves that massage can do all that and more.
In Infant Massage, McClure shares how massage benefits children -- easing discomfort, releasing tension, helping premature infants gain weight, even helping asthmatic children improve breathing function. She explains each step of the massage process with simple easy-to-follow instructions and delightful photographs demonstrating each stroke. You'll also find:
* Specific routines tailored to help relieve colic, fever, chest and nasal congestion
* Modified instructions for premature infants and babies with special needs
* Helpful hints on dealing with crying and fussing
* Lullabies, rhymes, and games to enhance the massage experience
* Guidance for teaching children about "good touch"
* A special chapter dedicated to fathers
* Compassionate advice for foster and adoptive parents
Lots of pictures and descriptions. Discusses benefits of massage for children. Overall very helpful guide to providing loving touch to your baby and child. If you want to try calming your baby with massage but need some guidance or ideas, this is a helpful book.