Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: *** JAN WISHES (what you want)****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: *** JAN WISHES (what you want)****
Date Posted: 12/31/2021 10:46 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted, etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, postage, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 12/31/2021 11:07 PM ET

I want to wish each of you a Happy Healthy New Year.

I want those who believe to continue to pray for our country.

Please continue to pray for Chuck.  He is continuing his fight with the cancer but still has a very good attitude.  He is working on his bucket list and on his wife's also.  They went hang gliding in Phoenix AZ recently and he said it was the best feeling ever.

A really random want:  If you would like a surprise from me sometime during the year, just send me a PM with your name and address.  The surprise will come sometime in 2022 without any advance notice.  (My New Year goal is to do more for others who aren't expecting it.)

1/10/2022  Our church along with a couple others are gathering on Mondays for the next couple months to make quilts for those in Kentucky that were hit with the tornado and lost everything.  Our church pastor is in contact with a pastor from there and will see that they are given to people in need.  My request here is:  If you have extra cloth that is cotton and would like to send it to me, I will be sure it goes into quilts for this cause.  So far we have made about 100 and they will be going this week.  

Last Edited on: 1/10/22 4:58 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 1/1/2022 12:37 AM ET

Happy New Year !! Hope this year will be a lot better than 2021 was.

My wishes for this month are: I can always use coupons for Arby's, McDonalds, Subway, and Wendy's. Gives me a chance to eat out once in awhile without it costing me too much.

I always enjoy happy mail. So any nice surprises thru the month would be welcome.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Last Edited on: 1/13/22 7:39 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
nandip avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 1/1/2022 11:11 AM ET

Granted~~ thanks to all who sent cards

Last Edited on: 1/31/22 7:28 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/1/2022 1:50 PM ET

Happy New Year! Jan wish is for any craft/art/junk journal supplies.When I moved everything was left behind so starting from scratch.I do have a dollar tree which helps but no thrift or other places to go,the nearest is an hour away.So looking for scrapbooking stuff,papers,stickers,greeting cards,markers.Anything you no longer want and could be bits and pieces of things.I love creating and making journals so even junk mail you get I can use.Thanks.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/1/2022 2:27 PM ET

Happy New Year with much peace and joy, good health to each of you! Thank you again always for your kind friendships. 

Prayers also for a kind and permanent end to Covid! 

Happy Valentine's Day stickers.

I need alphabet letter stickers. Only capital letters no lower case or number stickers are needed. I'd love some that are Valentine themed. Multi color (no glitter) will do as well. 

Medium sized (so bigger than Fleur's requested small address book. PLEASE send to her first since she asked first :) address book with letter tabs. do respectfully request any item sent to me comes from a non smoking home. 

Thanks and God Bless You. 

Last Edited on: 1/25/22 11:16 AM ET - Total times edited: 10
libbylee1 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/2/2022 10:55 AM ET

Happy New Year!

My wishes for this month are for yarn in brown and orange.  This does not need to be a lot of yarn.  I am using it for a project for kids crafts and I need it for an "about me" project, so they need enough to cut to add hair to their "person."  I already have other hair colors but need brown and orange (for redheads.)  They could be latch hook yarn size.  

Thanks! My request is being sent.  

Last Edited on: 1/3/22 10:42 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
jacci-jerri avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/3/2022 12:34 AM ET

Happy New Year to everyone!!! My wish is for paper napkins, any design or holiday, is fine.  In fact, I like Christmas ones any time of year!

Last Edited on: 1/21/22 12:10 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 1/3/2022 7:18 AM ET

I am looking for some olde time Valentines.  Cards with envelopes.  I haven't seen packages of these in years---unless they are Disney, or Frozen, or Super Heroes, or little tiny ones that are too small to mail (meant for giving out in class).  I do not want these types. 

So....I know like me, some of you have big miscellaneous card stashes with perhaps some corny old Valentines in there from back in the day that you'll probably never use.  If you have some like that and would be willing to share them, I would love them and use them, so please just zing me a pm. 
Thank you!

BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/3/2022 10:36 AM ET

Happy New Year!!!

Prayers for this world to heal, Prayers for my family and my PBS family. Thank you.

Nativity - small

The Grinch and Jack Skellington, Sally Nightmare before Christmas. Anything  I LOVE THEM :) 

Any one makes photo button ? or a place that only do a few (I need a few of 3 different picture, all i find is a pkg of just one picture of 10 or more)

Measuring spoons - Silver metal color  1/3 tsp - 3/4 tsp - 1/2 tbsp

Measuring cups - Silver metal color 1/8 cup

Laminating sheets.

Thank you, Blessings. 

Last Edited on: 1/12/22 12:03 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
tommygirl avatar
Date Posted: 1/4/2022 8:05 AM ET

Happy New Year!

Wish Granted.

Thank you!

Last Edited on: 1/13/22 7:51 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/5/2022 12:00 AM ET

Jewelry....parts, pieces, unloved or unwanted

The bobbin holder I need is for a Brothers LX3125

Unwanted coins, foreign or domestic

Unwanted stones or rocks, tumbled or not

ink to ink a stamp (red) or ink for stamp pad

Thank you all so much!  Happy New Year!

Last Edited on: 1/19/22 4:45 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/5/2022 12:00 AM ET

Last Edited on: 1/19/22 4:46 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 1/5/2022 12:19 AM ET

Fast food coupons to Wendy's and Arbys...only ones for single items or one person meals ( not 2 meals for $XX please)

conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/5/2022 5:11 PM ET

My wishes are:

1. Med/large paper clips in any color.

2. Velcro dots/squares

3. Coupons-any you have extra of or any for soda,tea,dog food

5. Cotton loops to make potholders with.

Thank you for reading. Post your odd or unique wishes I might be able to help you out.:)

Last Edited on: 1/21/22 11:50 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 1/10/2022 3:51 PM ET

I think my wish has been granted!  Thank you!

I am in need of mini staples to go in my mini stapler. 
I've had my mini stapler for over 50 years (it's mod, orange and I got it in my Christmas stocking back in the 60s, when I was a kid) and it has served me very well all these years.   But suddenly I am very low on staples and so far none of the surrounding stores sell the mini staples!   I'm quite worried as I am truly running out.
If you have some mini staples to spare, I would surely appreciate them!!

Please, not full-size regular staples, but ones that will fit a mini stapler....like this....

Image result for stapler mini

Thank you!!

Last Edited on: 1/13/22 1:22 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Date Posted: 1/10/2022 4:22 PM ET

I added to my list.

cats-and-reading avatar
Date Posted: 1/12/2022 2:02 AM ET

My wish would be for anything Scooby Doo. I love that show! Even if it's just a few stickers. Anything would be greatly appreciated. 

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Subject: Prayers and good thoughts needed
Date Posted: 1/12/2022 4:58 PM ET

My daughter and son-in -law got sibling puppies for the boys for Christmas. Unfortunately the boy dog, Gino, became seriously ill this week and is now at the vet hospital. He has a bacterial infection. Please pray he can be healed. They lost their 8 yo black lab suddenly in April to cancer. 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/12/2022 8:57 PM ET

Updated

beaugoose avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 1/14/2022 6:07 PM ET

Hi, I'm looking for a small sized soft cover address book.

Also, I would enjoy some other seed catalogs.  I currently have Shumways, Jung, Fedco, and Pinetree.  I like paper copies so much better than looking online!  Update:  Will be receiving:Totally Tomatoes, Seeds n Such and Territorial Seed Co.

Last Edited on: 1/28/22 7:52 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/23/2022 1:42 PM ET

Updated my wish! 

Fleur, I hope you get an address book! You reminded me that I could also use a medium sized (so bigger than Fleur's and PLEASE send to her first since she asked first :) address book with letter tabs. 

Last Edited on: 1/23/22 1:44 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/27/2022 9:40 PM ET

I have bad news.  I've had pain on both sides for a while now.  The doc finally ordered a CT scan.  I have a tumor in my bladder(cancer) that I am waiting for a surgery date now and waiting for a PET scan since the CT also showed a lump in my lung.  Please pray for me.  God has his plan and I have let him know my wishes so I have to wait to see.

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Date Posted: 1/31/2022 5:13 PM ET

Prayers for my nephew Jason and his wife and kids.  Jason and Vicky lost everything to a house fire on Jan. 30th.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: this thread is now closed
Date Posted: 1/31/2022 9:05 PM ET

This thread is now closed.  Please begin using the February Wishes thread to post the items you're hoping will find their way to you.  Thanks!