- "JUDGMENT ROAD" (A+++++) by (Torpedo Ink #1) Christin Feehan - A brutal education in a Russian training facility for assassins has taught this group of men one thing: It's a long road to redemption. As the enforcer of the Torpedo Ink motorcycle club, Reaper lives for riding and fighting. He's a stone-cold killer who turns his wrath on those who deserve it. Feelings are a weakness he can't afford - until a gorgeous bartender gets under his skin. Near Sea Haven, the small town of Caspar has given Anya Rafferty a new lease on life. And she's desperate to hold on to her job at the biker bar, even if the scariest member of the club seems to have it out for her. But Reaper's imposing presence and smoldering looks just ratchet up the heat. Anya's touch is everything Reaper doesn't want - and it brands him to the bone. But when her secrets catch up to her, Reaper will have to choose between Anya and his club - his heart and his soul.
- "JOURNEY" by Danielle Steel (abridged audio CD) (A+++++) Everyone knows Madeleine and Jack Hunter. Maddy is an award-winning TV anchorwoman. Jack is the head of her network. To the world, theirs is a storybook marriage. But behind the doors of their lush Georgetown home a different story emerges. Maddy has always tried to deny Jack's subtle put-downs, control, and jealousy. She has no bruises, only the daggers of fear, humiliation, and isolation - as powerful as the gun or the fist, the wounds as deep. It seems impossible that a woman the nation idolizes lives in degradation and fear. Maddy's secrets are well kept, even from herself. Maddy's healing begins when she joins the First Lady's Commission on Violence Against Women. There, she hears eerily familiar stories from terrified wives and girlfriends. And there she comes to know Bill Alexander, a distinguished diplomat. Bill suspects that something is terribly wrong in Maddy's marriage and begs her to open her eyes. As she takes the first steps toward freedom, a remarkable series of events unfolds...a stranger from Maddy's past reappears. White House headlines bring the nation to a standstill...and a devastating tragedy forces Maddy to realize how much has been taken from her. Faced with the most difficult choice of her life, Maddy finds a strength she never knew she had and a gift that will change her life forever.
- "BRIDES OF DURANGO: JENNY" (A++++) by Bobbi Smith (new author for me) Tying the knot - Young, and unsure if theirs was a love match or a marriage to unite two cattle ranches, Jenny Sullivan left Cole Randall at the altar and headed East. Two years later, devastated by her father's death, Jenny returned to the Lazy S for good. No longer the blushing bride, but a woman who knew her mind, she vowed to return her family's spread to its former glory. Only one problem stood in the way: Cole Randall. As executor of her father's estate, he oversaw the running of the ranch. With his commanding presence and dark eyes, he set her heart racing. And while Jenny worked to keep their relationship strictly business, there was nothing business-like about her feelings. As they rounded up the cattle, she longed to rope the handsome rancher and walk down the aisle once more. Except this time when she left the altar, she planned to head home with the man of her dreams.
CURRENTLY READING -
- "Gastien: From Dream to Destiny" (Gastien #2) by Caddie Rowland (reading on a Kindle app on my computer)
- "Seven Stones to Stand or Fall" by Diana Gabaldon
- "Every Dark Corner" (Romantic Suspense #18) (Cincinatti #3) by Karen Rose
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
- "Dark in Death" (In Death #46) by J.D. Robb (listening on an Audible app on my cell phone)
- "Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption" by Laura Hillenbrand (new author for me) (audio CD)
Last Edited on: 1/16/19 2:40 PM ET - Total times edited: 6