Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Crafting

Topic: Jewelry Making

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
sissyboo avatar
Subject: Jewelry Making
Date Posted: 6/27/2007 9:43 AM ET

I love to make Jewelry. Does any one else like to.

I like buy jewelry and yard sales and taking it apart and redesigning it.

What do now like to make?

I make necklaces, bracelets, anklelets, earrings, and barettes.

below is a link to some of my wrok I have posted on photobucket

MarciNYC avatar
Date Posted: 6/27/2007 10:11 AM ET

There's a link to my site (and then my etsy shop) on my profile.  I'm a jewelry maker (beader) and love to play with a variety of materials, but my favourites are vintage lucite, polymer clay and lampwork beads. 

My blog(s) also have lots of pics of stuff (new and old) which I've made. Primarily these days the jewlery can be found at  http://marcibeads.blogspot.com/ although there's stuff throughout my other blog too (http://marcinyc.blogspot.com/)

I haven't recycled yet, only because I don't really go out to garage/yard/rummage sales, etc.  But I'm wishing I had my grandmother's costume jewelry.  Pity we tossed it after my grandfather died. :(

Generic Profile avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/27/2007 4:14 PM ET

I make all sorts of stuff. Bracelets earings necklaces. Cant figure out why I do it though bc I rarely sell them and never wear them.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/27/2007 7:35 PM ET

I'm starting to get more into making jewelry, especially earrings.  I have super sensitive ears, but I recently discovered that niobium earwires don't bother me at all.  Even on Etsy, it's hard to find a lot of jewelry that I like that uses the niobium, so I ordered some earwires and I'm going to try to start making some earrings for myself. 

I already make a lot of fabric & denim chokers, barrettes, and pins.  But those really fall into the accessory range more than jewelry.

MarciNYC avatar
Date Posted: 6/27/2007 8:34 PM ET

Niobium is great - for people like you and others.  I must remember to order some with my  next big order.  :) 

JackieH avatar
Date Posted: 6/30/2007 12:34 PM ET

I'm into jewlery making also. I'm a beginner and actually took a class at my local craft store.  I really love making earing and bracelets! They are my favorite at this point. I want to sell some of my stuff but mostly I just make it and wear it myself. It's good to know that we have a few jewlery makers here also.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 7/21/2007 6:06 PM ET

hi, I make all kinds of jewelry . do craft and bike shows. also have my own website and a small store where i sell. here is a link to my website. tell me what you think? if anyone ever wants to trade any beading material let me know. www.yessy.com/dmb56j

Donna

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 7/28/2007 7:27 AM ET
Hi! I also sell jewelry on Etsy -- check out my store and let me know what you think. Where can I get niobium ear wires? I love to trade, too! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5042993 Mickie
MarciNYC avatar
Date Posted: 7/28/2007 2:08 PM ET

Mickie -

I believe rings & things (www.rings-things.com) has the niobium earwires.  

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2007 4:00 PM ET

Last Edited on: 3/29/09 10:14 AM ET - Total times edited: 1