Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: to keep or not to keep that is the question

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: to keep or not to keep that is the question
Date Posted: 8/30/2007 9:37 PM ET

I have all 3 of the Kresley Cole MacCarrick bros. books. I've read the 1st 2.  Starting the 3rd tonight.  Ugh. I'm on the fence as to whethor or not to post them.  I enjoyed them.  But there are a lot of people on wait lists for all 3.  And my local library has them.  But we're moving next year.  What if the new areas library doesn't.  But I want credits and I need to get rid of stuff before said move.  Oh the decisions!  Oh well I guess in another year they'll probably be easy to find on here. When they aren't so new anymore. 

gingerkitty avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/30/2007 9:48 PM ET

LOL Mary!  That sounds like me!  I used to keep EVERYTHING.  Oh, I'd clean off the shelves once a year or so for the library booksale but I'd only be able to part with a bag of books at most.

Now, I've got waaaaaaaay too many books.  Some I look at, know I've read it, and I can't remember a darned thing about it.  So, onto my bookshelf here it goes.  I've been clearing out a lot of books but I've still got a long way to go.

Generic Profile avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/30/2007 9:58 PM ET

I know it's so hard to get rid of them. I have some faves that I've reread several times.  Sigh I think I'll have to post them. They're so popular.  They won't be hard to find again in the future.  And I've got a military move into smaller housing coming up and about 500 unread books to get rid of, sigh.  I'm holding off until I finish the 3rd one though.

gingerkitty avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/30/2007 11:23 PM ET

I'm trying to pare down my collection to the stuff I read again and again.  It's a long process but it's easy to start with the stuff I can't remember what it was about anyway.

mamadoodle avatar
Date Posted: 8/31/2007 7:57 AM ET

I think you really have to consider the book and the author.  Did you love it?  Would you read it again tomorrow after having just read it?  That sort of thing.  I've ended up orderding a few books twice because I regretted parting with them later.

Sherri