Leading a Company Through Economic Uncertainty: Experienced CEOs on Strategies for Maintaining Stability and Promoting Growth During a Recession (Inside the Minds)
Leading a Company Through Economic Uncertainty Experienced CEOs on Strategies for Maintaining Stability and Promoting Growth During a Recession - Inside the Minds Author:Jose Llontop, Mark Lamp, E. Wayne Holden, Patrick Robinson, Tom Sanderson, Andy Marsh, Salvatore Longo, Michael Trasatti, Robert Philpott, William Ruckelshaus, Jonathan Goldman MD In times of economic uncertainty, it's easy to get caught up in cost-cutting measures and unintentionally let other priorities fall by the wayside. Maintaining growth and stability is especially challenging during these times, but it's part of a long-term, successful business strategy that needs to be addressed. Communicating with and engaging e... more »mployees is also key to making it through tough times. Leading a Company Through Economic Uncertainty provides thought leadership from experienced CEOs on how to effectively navigate a recession. These authors discuss everything from assessing the current state of the economy and understanding the effects of a tightened budget to creating strategic business plans and monitoring employee engagement. The importance of working with the board, shareholders, and the C-suite is also touched on in this valuable resource. Additionally, insights on communicating with customers and avoiding common mistakes made during times of uncertainty are included. With this book, you will be well-equipped to overcome the many challenges CEOs are presented with during an economic downturn, and can focus on making strong financial decisions while staying true to the company's vision, mission, and values. Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities. Chapters Include:
1. Jose A. Llontop, President and CEO, Giant Cement Holding Inc. - "Gaining Momentum and Maintaining Stability in Times of Economic Uncertainty"
2. Mark L. Lamp, President and CEO, American HomePatient Inc. - "The Importance of Communicating and Engaging Employees During Change and Uncertainty"
3. E. Wayne Holden, President and CEO, RTI International - "Pressing Forward by Creating a Vision to Promote Growth in a Global Research and Development Organization"
4. Patrick Robinson, CEO, TuGo - "Having a Plan B Strategy: Alternative Tactics in the Travel Insurance Industry"
5. Tom Sanderson, CEO, Transplace - "Growing and Changing in Times of Economic Uncertainty"
6. Andy Marsh, President and CEO, Plug Power Inc. - "The Making of a Powerhouse: Building a Business for Long-Term, Substantial Growth"
7. Salvatore Longo, Founder and CEO, Northern Safety and Industrial - "Making Concrete Plans and Staying Focused in the Safety and Industrial Supply Space"
8. Michael Trasatti, CEO, DealerBuilt - "Adding Value: An Essential Component of Ensuring Growth and Stability During Times of Economic Uncertainty"
9. Robert Philpott, CEO, Harte Hanks Inc. - "Remembering To Be a CEO During an Economic Downturn"
10. William J. Ruckelshaus, President and CEO, Blucora - "Emerging Healthier, Stronger, and More Optimistic: Lessons Learned from a Downturn"
11. Jonathan Goldman MD, CEO, Aptuit LLC - "A Business Model That Improves Productivity in Pharma R&D"« less