Legends II: Eleven New Works by the Masters of Modern Fantasy
Legends II Eleven New Works by the Masters of Modern Fantasy Author:Robert Silverberg (Editor) Fantasy is that which is generally believed to be impossible or nonexistent in our culture: wizards and warlocks, elves and goblins, werewolves and vampires, unicorns and enchanted princesses, efficacious incantations and spells. — Fantasy fans, rejoice! Seven years after writer and editor Robert Silverberg made publishing history with Legends, h... more »is acclaimed anthology of original short novels by some of the greatest writers in fantasy fiction, the long-awaited second volume is here. All in one book, eleven breathtaking new tales from the most celebrated writers of modern fantasy fiction.
Legends II picks up where its illustrious predecessor left off. All of the bestselling writers represented in Legends II return to the special universe of the imagination that its author has made famous throughout the world. Whether set before or after events already recounted elsewhere, whether featuring beloved characters or compelling new creations, these masterful short novels are both mesmerizing stand-alones -- perfect introductions to the work of their authors -- and indispensable additions to the epics on which they are based. Beyond any doubt, Legends II is the fantasy event of the season.
* Realm of the Elderlings: Homecoming / Robin Hobb
* A Song of Ice and Fire: The Sworn Sword / George R. R. Martin
* The Tales of Alvin Maker: The Yazoo Queen / Orson Scott Card
* Outlander: Lord John and the Succubus / Diane Gabaldon
* Majipoor: The Book of Changes / Robert Silverberg
* Otherland: The Happiest Dead Boy in the World / Tad Williams
* Pern: Beyond Between / Anne McCaffrey
* The Riftwar: The Messenger / Raymond E. Feist
* The Symphony of Ages: Threshold / Elizabeth Haydon
* American Gods: The Monarch of the Glen / Neil Gaiman