A Little Greek Reader Author:James Morwood, Stephen Anderson Covering an extensive variety of grammatical constructions, A Little Greek Reader is an ideal supplement for undergraduate courses in beginning and intermediate Greek. It presents more than 200 vivid, unadapted passages drawn from the poetry and prose of a wide range of Greek authors including Aeschylus, Aristophanes, Demosthenes, Euripides, Her... more »odotus, Homer, Pindar, Plato, Socrates, Thucydides, and Xenophon. The sections vary in length and difficulty and are arranged according to the specific points of grammar and syntax that they demonstrate.
* Brief introductions for each grammatical principle and reading provide students with context
* Selections are annotated and arranged for maximum classroom flexibility
* Extensive notes below each selection elucidate its meaning or explain interesting or difficult features of Greek grammar, style, and culture
* Appendices offer short biographies of the authors included in the text; coverage of Homeric grammar, Herodotean forms, and New Testament Greek; a guide to two important Greek meters; a list of important literary terms; and a map of Greece and the Aegean
* A complete vocabulary list of unglossed words is included at the end of the book« less