Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: Can I look for a specific imprint on PBS? (Nocturn)

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Can I look for a specific imprint on PBS? (Nocturn)
Date Posted: 12/12/2015 2:53 PM ET

My mother's wish list contains:

"all titles from Silhouettte Nocturn or Harliquin Nocturn series w/ various authors."  (And then a list of exceptions she already has).

Is there any way on PBS to look for a specific imprint like Nocturn?

Thanks!

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Subject: Yes there is a way
Date Posted: 12/12/2015 5:28 PM ET

Kayote, I had the best results for your question by using the Book Browser option under the Search function button (located right next to Home button near the top of the page). On the Book Browser page, you can insert the word Nocturne (notice the spelling) in the box labelled Keyword or ISBN. Then select Romance in the box labelled Genre, You can select only Posted Books at the top of that page and will then see a list of approx 200  books. The Silhouette Nocturne titles were published 2010 or earlier; the Harlequin Nocturne titles 2010 or later.

I hope this helps.

EmilyKat avatar
Limited Member medalTour Guide medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 12/12/2015 7:48 PM ET

The Advanced Search lets you enter the publisher to limit the search. So you can have the keyword and publisher. Even add the specific author.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 12/12/2015 8:46 PM ET

Ah.  I tried doing that, but I didn't know she'd spelled it wrong.

THANK YOU!

(Christmas is much easier when I can order books rather than buy them.  PBS has served me well in the past, looks like it will again. :)

(Edited to add, since was posting same time as previous post--I never noticed the publisher box.  Useful!)

Last Edited on: 12/12/15 8:46 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 12/13/2015 6:05 PM ET

I had tried Advanced Search first, but for some reason, putting Nocturne in  the publisher field didn't bring as many results as it should have - only 2 or 3, I think. That's why I recommended the more complicated search.