Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: ***MAY WISHES****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: ***MAY WISHES****
Date Posted: 4/30/2021 7:02 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, postage, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me. Best wishes for the new month!

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 5/1/2021 10:38 AM ET

Happy May ! Hope it's a wonderful month for all.

Continued prayers for Bob would be appreciated. He's home now and there will be no more hospitals in his future, but he does still have a long ways to go before he's fully recovered from his current illness.

If someone has any spares in hot chocolate packets, wild cherry life savers, wild cherry tootsie pops, Bob would love those.

For me, I'd sure appreciate any pretty unlined stationary with matching envelopes and pretty note cards w/envelopes. That's all I'll be needing this month.

Thanks to any that can grant my wishes.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/1/2021 11:35 AM ET

Happy May with a hug and prayer to all! 

May is my birthday month. I would appreciate so much any (non glittery please) snail mail cards or PM-ed wishes. Please PM me for mailing info. Thank you so much. As a P.S. I will be waiting until my actual birthday to open any birthday mail. I will post thanks afterwards :)

I could also use some assorted (glitter free only please) birthday cards to send. Prefer no cats or butterflies.

I do respectfully ask that any items sent to me come from a non smoking home.

Thank you very much. God Bless You. 

Last Edited on: 5/6/21 7:29 PM ET - Total times edited: 8
BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/2/2021 7:07 PM ET

Prayers for this world to heal. Hugs, Love, Blessings to all.  Haven't posted a wish list since Feb, so here a list goes :)

Grinch and Jack Skellington, Sally.  Nightmare before Christmas. Anything  I LOVE THEM :) 

Idaho state postcard - The last postcard that i needed for Ma'Kathy state postcards map, I would love to finish it and post on her memory wall at my best friend/sisters new appt - Love and miss Ma'Kathy May 10,1940 - April 22, 2020

White feathers, Hearts, Bells, (Have - Red robins bird), Angels, Butterflys, Kisses, (7) Red small benches.

2 Angel in my pocket coins (Still need two more) Thank you for the ones I have received. 

Laminating sheets.

Coupons/ Samples: Carnation instant breakfast, Premier protien, Boost Glucose control, EAS AdvantEdge, Core Power fair life, SlimFast, Light fat free, sugar free yogurts - Greek yogurts fage 0% Oikos.

Thank you, Blessings. 

whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/2/2021 8:23 PM ET

For this month:

Wine corks

Unloved/unwanted jewelry, parts and pieces, beads  (no plastic or pearls)

Any unwanted women's wallets

"Thank You" stickers

Thank you and to all, love and blessings.......

Last Edited on: 5/10/21 9:42 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
kevinsbebe avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 5/4/2021 6:18 PM ET

Looking for anything related to the show Supernatural. Any old magazines with them on the cover or anything else related to the show. Thanks in advance for anyone that can fill my wish.  

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/5/2021 9:18 PM ET

may wishes: postcards [new or used], disney stickers: any kind or character

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 5/5/2021 11:06 PM ET

Continued prayers for my dad who is having setbacks with his open heart surgery.  

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 5/7/2021 4:51 PM ET

Thank you Sandi for the gifts you sent. We got them today. Thank you Linda and Towanda for the notes and well wishes. It meant a lot. Also thank you Mona for the butterfly stickers. I appreciate you all and what you do to pick us up when things are going a little rough.

americancheese avatar
Date Posted: 5/8/2021 9:54 PM ET

I am looking for any window clings that are NOT Christmas, Eatser, Valentines, or Halloween. I don't care how old or if they even cling anymore.

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 5/19/2021 5:36 PM ET

Bob took a nosedive in his health over the last few days. Severe hallucinations and combative. Meds were changed and slight improvement since yesterday evening. Continued prayers requested.

frogslady avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Just a note
Date Posted: 5/21/2021 11:25 PM ET

I do pray for the requests here, but you might also want to post them here:  CFCF: Christian Friends Chat Forum - Everyone Welcome! (New Location)

catlingmex avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 5/22/2021 11:00 AM ET

Here´s an end-of-the month wish:

I´ll be having major abdominal surgery on May 26th. I´ll be in the hospital a few days, then several weeks recuperating at home. Of course, I am dreading the hospital experience, pain, and all—but looking forward to having some time to just sit and read magazines and do puzzles—and not have to go to work! lol . So my wish is for

-any back magazine issues you are done with: inspirational like Guideposts; history/culture/science-related (not too technical) like Smithsonian, NatGeo, Floss, etc.; cooking/recipe mags, or anything else you might have that´s interesting. Preferably no politics (stressful!) or celebrity mags (I usually don´t know who most of those folks are! lol). I read English and Spanish.  Note: We already have subscriptions to Reader´s Digest, Taste of Home, Cook´s Country, and Eating Well.

-any puzzle books/magazines, new or only partially used, for word puzzles (word search, crosswords, etc.), variety  puzzles, visual puzzles—just please no sudoku, as all those numbers just stress me out.

-prayers, positive vibes, and all sorts of good wishes for a successful operation and recovery

Thank you in advance!

EDITED TO ADD: my address and more fascinating (lol) info about me  can be found in my profile; just click on my name above.

Last Edited on: 5/23/21 8:23 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/22/2021 4:37 PM ET

Extra wish to anyone interested to please check out my Share and Care thread as a way to (I pray) bring group cheer as a surprise to a fellow RAOK friend. Thank you! 

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 5/23/2021 7:46 AM ET

I know this is end of the month so I'll carry this on thru the June wishes.

If anyone has any sleeveless tank tops or very light weight short sleeve tops in a size 2XL, I could really use some. Until I find out what finances I'm going to actually have monthly now since Bob's passing, I can't afford to spend a dime on anything unless it's absolutely necessary since we had no savings. I could also use some knee length or capri shorts/pants in the same size. With Summer almost here I need the sleeveless tops the most as the heat tends to get to me if it's in the mid 90's. And of course, if anyone has any spare stationary with envelopes, I could use some. Prefer unlined if possible.

Thanks so much. And thanks to everyone who has lifted me up during Bob's illness and yesterday's passing. I do appreciate it.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 5/23/2021 12:43 PM ET

A strange request.......I could use some popsickle sticks (used and washed or new craft sticks). I need them to stabilize some succulents I repotted and dont want to buy a package of 100 when I just need a half dozen or so.  

that was quick! Wish granted

Last Edited on: 5/23/21 3:05 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: This thread is now closed!
Date Posted: 6/1/2021 7:45 AM ET

This thread is now closed!  Please use the June Wishes thread to post the things you're looking for.  Thanks!