- "THE SECRETS OF ROSA LEE" by Jodi Thomas (A+++++) Everyone assumes that Rosa Lee Altman lived a life without passion. Her once beautiful home now sits silent and empty, its gardens overgrown and its windows boarded up, surrounded by what passes for progress in Clifton Creek, Texas. And if some of the townsfolk have their way, this idyllic reminder of times past will be sold off to the highest bidder, despite its rich history. When a group of community members with little in common is chosen to decide the fate of the old Altman place, they soon learn that this home is more than bricks and mortar. No one is prepared for what they discover beneath Rosa Lee’s overgrown roses - how her legacy will change not only their town, but their very lives.
- "HERO'S RETURN" by B.J. Daniels (Montana Cahill's #5) (A++++) The prodigal Cahill is back - and ready to confess - Tucker Cahill disappeared from Gilt Edge, Montana, hoping to escape a secret that has haunted him for nineteen years. Then, when a young woman’s remains are found in the creek near his family’s ranch, he has no choice but to face his demons. The truth that sent him running years ago could take away his freedom now. Kate Rothschild came to town looking for vengeance - and Tucker Cahill. What she finds is a tortured and irresistible man who’s more than meets the eye. Caught up in the past, they are drawn deeper into a twisted game that’s not over yet. And the consequences could prove fatal for them both.
- "COVER OF NIGHT" by Linda Howard (unabridged audio CD) (A++++) In the charming rural town of Trail Stop, Idaho, accessible to the outside world by only a single road, young widow Cate Nightingale lives peacefully with her four-year-old twin boys, running a bed-and-breakfast. Though the overnight guests are few and far between - occasional hunters and lake fishermen - Cate always manages to make ends meet with the help of the local jack-of-all-trades, Calvin Harris, who can handle everything from carpentry to plumbing. But Calvin is not what he seems, and Cate’s luck is about to run out. One morning, the B&B’s only guest inexplicably vanishes, leaving behind his personal effects. A few days later Cate is shocked when armed men storm the house, demanding the mystery man’s belongings. Fearing for her children’s lives, Cate agrees to cooperate - until Calvin saves the day, forcing the intruders to scatter into the surrounding woods. The nightmare, however, is just beginning. Cate, Calvin and their entire community find themselves cut off and alone with no means to call for help as the threat gathers intensity and first blood is drawn. With their fellow residents trapped and the entire town held hostage, Cate and Calvin have no choice but to take the fight to their enemies under the cover of night. While reticent Cal becomes a fearless protector, Cate makes the most daring move of her life…into the very heart of danger.
- "HURRICANE" (Cutter Cay #5) by Cherry Adair (A+++++) Rydell Case’s ship is his home, his heart, and his reason for being. After his ex-wife left him - taking his brand-new megayacht, Tesoro Mio with her - she sailed off with a royal billionaire and out of his life forever. Now Ry spends his days searching for treasure - until his ship is hijacked. With the prospect of his salvage business tanking, he needs both the ship and his ex back - if only she didn’t despise him more than any man on earth. When Addison D’Marco boards Tesoro Mio to find her ex-husband in her cabin, she’s furious. Ry is more handsome, more annoying, and more determined than ever. Addy can’t believe he has the nerve to demand the ship back after the way he broke her heart. With her fiancé about to board, she doesn’t want Ry back in her life to ignite painful memories and never-forgotten desires. But could it be that, amid troubled waters, Addy and Ry can salvage what they once had and have a second chance at love. . .or does fate have something else in store?
- "HEAD ON" by Coleen Thompson (new author for me) (A+++++) Beth Ann Decker is as shocked as anyone when Hatcher County's most hated prodigal son, Mark Jessup, returns home amid the chaos of a murder that has rocked the community. Beth Ann knows he's the last person she should be spending time with, but no matter how dangerous the road ahead, she's dead set on meeting life, and love head on.
CURRENTLY READING -
- "Gastien: From Dream to Destiny" (Gastien #2) by Caddie Rowland (reading on a Kindle app on my computer)
- "Seven Stones to Stand or Fall" by Diana Gabaldon
- "More Than Words" "The Greatest Gift" by Diana Palmer "Shelternet" by Jan Richardson and Kathryn Babcock "Close Call" by Carla Neggers "Quilts from Caring Hands" by June Nielsen "Hanging by a Thread" by Emilie Richards "Memory Box Artist Program" by Tera Leigh "Small Packages" by Brenda Novak "The Motheread/Fatheread Literacy Program" by Dena Wortzel "Built to Last" by Susan Mallery
- "Test Drive" (Body Shop Bad Boys #1) by Marie Harte
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
- "Dark in Death" (In Death #46) by J.D. Robb (listening on an Audible application on my cell phone)
- "Blind Fall" (unabridged audio CD) by Christopher Rice (new author for me)
Last Edited on: 1/1/20 8:25 PM ET - Total times edited: 15