- "SMOOTH-TALKING COWBOY" (Gold Valley #1) by Maisey Yates (A+++++) Welcome to Gold Valley, Oregon, where a rough-and-tumble rancher and the girl next door are about to learn that opposites attract. Olivia Logan has a plan: win back her ex by making him see what he’s missing. But first she needs to find a man who’s willing to play along. With his laid-back cowboy charm and knack for getting under her skin, Luke Hollister is an unlikely hero - but he wants her help convincing her father to sell him land, which means he needs her as much as she needs him. Luke likes his life - and his women - uncomplicated. So why does good girl Olivia heat his blood like no one else? She’s always been off-limits, but the more time they spend as Gold Valley’s hottest new “couple,” the more real it’s starting to feel. Luke was supposed to help her win back another man…not keep her in his arms. But now that he has her there, he’s not sure he’ll ever let go. "SEDUCE ME COWBOY" (Copper Ridge #3) by Maisey Yates (A+++++) When a rebellious rancher meets the pastor's daughter, it's a match made in…Copper Ridge! Sheltered from her own desires for so long, Hayley Thompson wants to experience life. A new job at Gray Bear Construction is a start. The work she can handle. It's her boss - reclusive, sexy Jonathan Bear - who's scrambling her mind and her hormones. No matter how successful he becomes, Jonathan's reputation will always precede him. And his type of woman is usually nothing like prim, innocent Hayley. Yet he can't resist unleashing the fire beneath her pent-up facade - even if seduction means losing his heart.
- "HELL'S CORNER" (Camel Club #5) by David Baldacci (unabridged audio CD) (A+++++) An attack on the heart of power...In sight of the White House...at a place known as...Hell's Corner - John Carr, aka Oliver Stone - once the most skilled assassin his country ever had - stands in Lafayette Park in front of the White House, perhaps for the last time. The president has personally requested that Stone serve his country again on a high-risk, covert mission. Though he's fought for decades to leave his past career behind, Stone has no choice but to say yes. Then Stone's mission changes drastically before it even begins. It's the night of a state dinner honoring the British prime minister. As he watches the prime minister's motorcade leave the White House that evening, a bomb is detonated in Lafayette Park, an apparent terrorist attack against both leaders. It's in the chaotic aftermath that Stone takes on a new, more urgent assignment: find those responsible for the bombing. British MI-6 agent Mary Chapman becomes Stone's partner in the search for the unknown attackers. But their opponents are elusive, capable, and increasingly lethal; worst of all, it seems that the park bombing may just have been the opening salvo in their plan. With nowhere else to turn, Stone enlists the help of the only people he knows he can trust: the Camel Club. Yet that may be a big mistake. In the shadowy worlds of politics and intelligence, there is no one you can really trust. Nothing is really what it seems to be. And Hell's Corner truly lives up to its name. This may be Oliver Stone's and the Camel Club's last stand.
- "ABOUT THAT KISS" (Heartbreaker Bay #5) by Jill Shalvis (A+++++) When love drives you crazy...The best thing to do...is enjoy the ride. When sexy Joe Malone never calls after their explosive kiss, Kylie shoves him out of her mind. Until she needs a favor, and it’s a doozy. Something precious to her has been stolen and there’s only one person with unique finder-and-fixer skills that can help - Joe. It means swallowing her pride and somehow trying to avoid the temptation to throttle him - or seduce him. No, Joe didn’t call after the kiss. He’s the fun time guy, not the forever guy. And Kylie, after all she’s been through, deserves a good man who will stay. But everything about Kylie makes it damned hard to focus, and though his brain knows what he has to do, his heart isn’t getting the memo. As Kylie and Joe go on the scavenger hunt of their lives, they discover surprising things about each other. Now, the best way for them to get over “that kiss” might just be to replace it with a hundred more.
- "NATURAL DISASTER" (Bareback #2) by Chris Owen (A++++) Having bought the ranch they've worked on for so long, they're now the proud owners of a spread of their own. There's more than enough on their plate coping with their new responsibilities and their arguments over ranch management, and it's not long before even more trouble hits. When he learns his sister has died in an automobile accident, Jake is crushed. His grief is tempered by Tor's loving support, but they're forced to be apart while Jake deals with the family. When they bring Jake's nephew back to the ranch, things stretch to the breaking point. From the day to day difficulties of running the ranch to dealing with a teenager who's just lost his mother, Jake and Tor wonder if they'll be able to survive. In the fury of the storm, the two men fall back on the one thing that can get them through. Each other. Can they keep it together when everything seems to be falling apart around them?
- "ANY DAY NOW" (Sullivan's Crossing #2) by Robyn Carr (A+++++) Sullivan's Crossing is a rustic campground at the crossroads of the Colorado and Continental Divide trails that welcomes everyone - whether you need a weekend getaway or a whole new lease on life. It's a wonderful place where good people face their challenges with humor, strength and love. For Sierra Jones, Sullivan's Crossing is meant to be a brief stopover. She's put her troubled past behind her but the path forward isn't yet clear. A visit with her big brother Cal and his new bride, Maggie, seems to be the best option to help her get back on her feet. Not wanting to burden or depend on anyone, Sierra is surprised to find the Crossing offers so much more than a place to rest her head. Cal and Maggie welcome her into their busy lives and she quickly finds herself bonding with Sully, the quirky campground owner who is the father figure she's always wanted. But when her past catches up with her, it's a special man and an adorable puppy who give her the strength to face the truth and fight for a brighter future. In Sullivan's Crossing Sierra learns to cherish the family you are given and the family you choose.
- "BEST LAID PLANS" (Madaris Family #14) by Brenda Jackson (A+++++) Love wasn't supposed to be a part of the deal...Even a famed matchmaker like Nolan Madaris's great-grandmother can't get it right every time. Nolan, the notorious fun-loving ladies' man, could never connect with someone as straitlaced as tech whiz Ivy Chapman. Yet the scheme Ivy proposes is tempting - they can pretend to be a couple, just long enough to satisfy their families.But someone forgot to clue in their heartsWhat happens, though, when Ivy's plan to get her relatives off her back has an unexpected side effect: getting her into Nolan's bed? Houston's number one womanizer may have found the only one who can truly satisfy him, body and soul. But with a man from Ivy's past determined to be part of her future, both she and Nolan will have to decide what's fake, what's real and what's worth fighting for.
- "THE THRILL OF VICTORY" by Sandra Brown (unabridged audio CD) (A+++++) Stevie Corbett is in jeopardy of losing everything she’s sacrificed and worked so hard for - her career, her future. Her life. She has just two weeks to make a monumental decision, but her fate rides on keeping the truth a secret. It’s Judd Mackie’s job to uncover secrets. And he’s spent the last few years dogging Stevie, exposing her for the spoiled glamour girl he believes her to be. Now he has the chance to scoop the story of the year and let the whole world know the truth about Stevie. All he has to do is betray her trust.
CURRENTLY READING -
- "Gastien: From Dream to Destiny" (Gastien #2) by Caddie Rowland (reading on a Kindle app on my computer)
- "Seven Stones to Stand or Fall" by Diana Gabaldon
- "Man Overboard" by J.A. Jance (Alison Reynolds #12)
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
- "Dark in Death" (In Death #46) by J.D. Robb (listening on an Audible app on my cell phone)
- "Sting" by Sandra Brown (unabridged audio CD)
Last Edited on: 11/10/18 9:57 PM ET - Total times edited: 15