Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Ordered book, sender sent description pm

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Subject: Ordered book, sender sent description pm
Date Posted: 8/24/2019 6:34 PM ET

I ordered a book through the similar to wish email. The sender PM's me to tell me about the condition.  The back binding is loose. I requested she cancel it but it says she will mail by the 29th. 

Can I cancel without consequences? I don't want a loose binding because that's how pages fall out but I don't want a black mark against me.

lionrose avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/24/2019 7:01 PM ET

If it’s a non-WL book it won’t effect where you stand in line if you cancel. If she’s printed the label she’s the one who must cancel, so if you can cancel it before she does then no harm, you did ask her not to send it. Not something that would trigger a ‘black mark’, if those even exist.**. Otherwise, why would she even PM you in the first place?

**Honestly I think much more egregious behavior, or a bad habit of constantly cancelling or reneging on trades or being a bad book sender (or always saying received books were RWAP, even when not) would be more likely to make TPTB look closely at an account.

Last Edited on: 8/24/19 7:06 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 8/24/2019 9:07 PM ET

Thank you!

sarap avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/24/2019 11:47 PM ET

They made a cancel button so you can cancel orders. That's why its there. No need to worry if you should use it.

There is no such thing as black marks on your account.

hardtack avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 8/25/2019 9:53 PM ET

There is no such thing as black marks on your account.

What color are they then?  laugh

bookbuggg avatar
Date Posted: 8/26/2019 11:10 AM ET

Oh that's good to know! I was thinking along the lines of 3 strikes and you're out!

sarap avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/26/2019 4:14 PM ET

Thomas, you are allowed 11 purple marks and 7 green ones. Or, 26 orange marks.  Then you are out!