Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: PBS postage

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
patsyjean avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: PBS postage
Date Posted: 10/29/2023 2:59 AM ET

To clarify,,,,to use PBS postage service, coming out of my account will be 55 cents along with the cost of the Media Mail charge?

rebeccam avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 10/29/2023 6:55 AM ET

Yes, the 55 cents is the fee paid to Endicia, the online postage provider. As a Standard Member you will get one free printable postage a month if you want to try it out.

soelo avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/30/2023 10:30 AM ET

Personally I use Pirate Ship for any shipments after I use up the free postage credit I get each month. That 55 cents covers credit insurance as well, so it can be worth it for some.

Patouie avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Approver medalTour Guide Asst. Coord. medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 10/31/2023 6:15 AM ET

To be clear, Standard members get one fee-free postage printing per month. You still pay the postage, just not the 55-cent fee. (The site pays Encicia's fee for you.) Limited members get one fee-free postage printer per quarter.

sulock avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 11/5/2023 2:10 PM ET

The .55 is worth it to be able to avoid going to the post office.  I just stick in my mailbox.