Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Posting wishlisted books with different isbns???

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/14/2019 1:30 PM ET

Last Edited on: 9/18/19 8:59 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
hardtack avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/14/2019 2:07 PM ET

I'm not completly sure what you are asking. However, I do know if you post a book with the same title, but different ISBN, members who WLed another ISBN of that title---which is not WLed---are notified there is another version available. At that point the waiting list is tossed out and the first person who requests the book gets it. I've received numerous such notices over the years, but mostly, and sadly for me, another member usually beats me to it.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 9/14/2019 3:38 PM ET

As Thomas said, if you post a version of a WL book that does not already have a waiting list, some of us will receive that notice IF we have selected to receive such messages via email.  Like, Thomas I get many of these notices, but since I am not on email much, I  usually miss seeing them until after someone  else has snagged it.  But it also gives you another version to add to your WL if you desire.

soelo avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/14/2019 8:55 PM ET

This is the thread:

https://www.paperbackswap.com/Wishlisted-Under-Different-ISBN-2019/topic/318443/

The emails only go out if the two books are linked in the PBS database. If your book has a tiny difference in the title or author from the wishlisted title, I would submit a data edit to make them match. Like if one has Volume 2 in the title and the other doesn't, or if the author has a middle initial on one posting and none on the other.