Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: My posts on discussion forums are not being made; why?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Wildhog3 avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: My posts on discussion forums are not being made; why?
Date Posted: 2/9/2021 1:02 PM ET

Lately, the last three posts longer than 3 or 4 sentences don't get made. I get a screen that says my browser?  cannot complete the connection. It also says I might be disabling cookies that Mozilla? won't stand for. Is this some setting that PBS has initiated. I am about to think that I must make all posts no longer than a certain small number of words and they must be posted within 5 minutes or so.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 2/10/2021 7:53 PM ET

It sounds like the dumps I've been getting frequently for months when I use Firefox and try to make a long post. I have resorted to doing a  highlight and copy  before hitting "submit" just in case it dumps me out of PBS. I am not getting any kind of error msg so don't even know why it is happening.

Last Edited on: 2/10/21 7:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
mistyks avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/6/2021 2:30 PM ET

This happened to me as well. I went back a couple of pages, and my post was still typed in the box. So, like Jeanne, I did a copy of the post. Logged back in to PBS to paste in the forums. This is a real pain. Maybe when typing the post it looks like you are inactive for too long and you have to log back in? I think I have seen something about PBS added some kind of security setting for leaving a window open too long that you have to log back in to post.  I don't know. 

hardtack avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/6/2021 10:24 PM ET

I've noticed this too. So if I have more than a paragraph, I save the post, then select Edit to add more. Sometimes I do this several times if it's a long post.

I also discovered, if I'm kicked out, it takes about 20-30 minutes before I can even reenter PBS.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 3/7/2021 11:50 AM ET

That's interesting, Thomas, as I can always get right back in.