Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Can't print the wrapper

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Can't print the wrapper
Date Posted: 8/6/2007 8:31 PM ET

I said that I could mail a couple of books in 2 days on 8/5, but PMed the member to confirm that one book's condition was OK. I got the response today 8/6, but now I can't print the wrapper! I keep getting a screen that says "this page is currently unavailable." This is totally frustrating, since I would like to mail the books tomorrow, along with the other 2 I have to mail.

I think that I still have one more day to mark the book as mailed - but what do I do if I still can't print the wrapper tomorrow? Can I PM the member and ask for the address? Or just wait until the system fixes itself? I usually send w/ DC, so would prefer to wait for PBS to fix itself.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Generic Profile avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/6/2007 8:57 PM ET

Try the cant get the wrapper to print option. It opens up a different file type with a wrapper in it.

CozSnShine avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 8/6/2007 9:34 PM ET

PBS has been weird all day today.   Don't know what they are doing but it's been slow and I can't get some pages to open at all.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/6/2007 9:43 PM ET
I just had the same thing happen. I was able to print the alternate wrapper though. Renee
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/6/2007 9:54 PM ET

Thank you, I was able to print the backup wrapper. The DC bar code didn't print (there's just an empty square box). How do I ask for a refund?

Generic Profile avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/6/2007 11:13 PM ET

You cant get a refund on DC you might want to wait till they are done messing with the site. There have been murmerings of a new much asked for feature coming into play so that might be what they are doing.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/7/2007 5:21 AM ET

Also try using a different computer and/or different browser.  We had the same problem and luckily have multiple computers.  We were able to print from a different computer w

Generic Profile avatar

Also try using a different computer and/or different browser.  We had the same problem and luckily have multiple computers.  We were able to print from a different computer w

ith

Generic Profile avatar

ith

no

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/7/2007 8:37 AM ET

I had a problem yesterday with printing out a mailing label.  The boxed info printed out just fine, but the address information and the sender/receiver notes were left empty, even though all of the information appeared on my screen.  Same thing happened when I tried the alternate address label.  The DC printed out though, so I didn't lose anything there, but I had to print the addresses in the box so I could use the form.  Whatever they're doing sure seems to be making things wonky around here.  Hopefully it will all get sorted out soon.